XXV (cont)

Chapter Twenty Five : Friends (Continued )

Cash laid in her living room cuddled up on the sofa with Terell watching cartoons . She was supposed to be at Sin City dancing for the night but when she tried to drop Terell off to Tiny he cried and held onto her refusing to let her leave him so she just decided to stay home with her baby .

Her door bell rang causing her to scrunch her face up wondering who was popping up at her house so late at night . " Ima be back baby " Cash told Terell as she kissed his cheek and got up from the sofa walking to the door . She was confused when she seen Zo and Tay standing standing on the other side of her door .

" We were in the neighborhood and decided to stop by and visit you " Zo said as they walked in and went to the living room making themselves comfortable.

" What the hell ? " Cash said to herself as she closed and locked her door and followed them in the living room . " Y'all were in the area and decided to come and visit me ? " Cash asked pointing at herself making sure she heard them correctly.

" Yeah , so what's been good with you ? " Zo asked .

" I've been chilling I guess " She said in a weird tone wondering why they really popped up at her house . She was real close with Riq's friends ,or brothers as they called each other , when they were together but once they broke up they all stopped fucking with her and she expected that because no matter how cool they were with her Riq was their brother . She hadn't talked to any of them in three years so knew there was a catch as to why they were at her house .

" That's what up , I been wanting to tell you that you do a real good job taking care of your nephew . He look like a whole different child you really keep up with him and i'm glad that you stepped up and took him in because Tiny obviously didn't care about him " Zo complimented her .

She looked over at Terell who was engrossed in Spongebob and smiled . " Yeah that's my baby , thank you though " She said .

" Speaking of babies who else is your baby ? Riq ? " Tay asked trying to ease it in the real reason they popped up at her house .

" No " Cash said a little to harsh for their liking .

" Damn why you said it like that ? My bro ain't do you nothing " Tay said helping up for Riq when in reality he didn't know if Riq had done her something or not.

" How would you know , look if y'all came over here to see if Riq went against the thug code or whatever the fuck it is to see if we're messing around again then you have nothing to worry about . Riq doesn't want me " She snapped . In all honesty she was tired of hearing about Riq and wished people would stop bringing him up around her so that she could get over him already .

" That's not why we came over here Cashmere , we just want to see our brother happy " Zo said .

" okay and what does that have to do with me ? " She asked .

" Look Cashmere you fucked up , we all know you did but we also know that Riq loves you and he has a soft spot for you . He wants to be with you we can tell but he's just a little skeptical because of the shit you did in the past and what you do now isn't helping your case much either . We just want to see what your intentions are with Riq , we don't want to see him hurt again " Zo said .