XV

Chapter Fifteen : Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place

" She's only able to afford those expensive clothes because she's fucking Riq " Cash heard a group of girls whisper as she walked past them on the school bus .

" Nah actually my brother stole these expensive ass clothes for me " Cash snapped as a matter of fact . She hated when bitches always spoke on shit that they didn't know . Cash always wore expensive clothes , she couldn't afford it but like I mentioned Dhaz had sticky hands so even though they were broke they didn't look it .

" Don't worry about them " Mya told her friend as she sat next to her .

" I ain't worried about them but bitches need to learn to keep other peoples name out of their mouth " She said loud enough for them to hear her .

Getting talked about wasn't anything new for Cashmere being the fact that her mother was a prostituting crackhead and she was born a crack baby people always had something to say about her . They had rumors circling around that Dhaz pimps her out that's how they're able to get nice clothes and buy groceries without a job and the newest one is that she had to let GMBAM run a train on her to accept Dhaz and Q into their gang.

It was as if people didn't even think about the things they let roll off of their tongue .

She usually ignored their comments but lately she'd been super aggressive and clicking out for every little thing .

" So what are we doing tonight ? Wanna go to that house party that Tony's throwing ? " Yanni asked from the seat onside of them changing the subject.

" No fuck Tony he tried to come for my friend " Cash said remembering Coco telling her how Tony was cracking jokes on him in front of GMBAM for being gay .

" And I don't feel like going to a party " Mya added in .

" Y'all please it's the weekend and after this long week of school I need to do something fun " Yanni begged .

" I'm not going to no party that Tony's bitch ass is throwing " Coco said .

" Right he played on Coco which means he played on all of us , so we don't affiliate with him or anything pertaining him " Cash said .

" Fine " Yanni mumbled.

The bus ride was an hour long but it seemed short because they occupied themselves by talking. All four of them hated going to school because they felt out of place .

Their school was an hour away from the bricks in a middle class neighborhood , so most of the kids there were silver spoon fed kids who talked down on them because of where they lived . They had a school closer to the bricks but it closed down because it was too corrupted , the teachers were dating students , grown men hung outside of the building selling drugs to underage kids and some of the boys were selling drugs to the teachers , but what really closed them down was that the schools testing scores were below the belt . They tried replacing the staff thinking it would make them do better but it wasn't the staff it was the students they didn't care about an education .

" I'll see y'all at lunch " Cash said to her friends as she found her way to her first class . She walked into her class and was greeted by a bunch of nerds and quiet kids . Cashmere had been in advanced classes pretty much all of her life . She took her seat next to Hazel , one of her school friends.