XXI

Chapter Twenty One : Family Problems

Cash laid cramped up in her full sized bed with Cameron laying beside her and Hazel laying on the bottom of the bed with her feet next to them . " When she going home cause this ain't gonna work out " Cameron whispered to Cashmere.

Hazel had been sleeping in Hazels dorm with her for the past four days . Unlike Cashmere , Hazel didn't stay on campus for school since the university was a good driving distance from her house she just stayed at home but since she wasn't feeling her moms and brothers attitude she'd been crashing at Cash's dorm.

" Ask her " Cash challenged him , she really wanted to know too . If the circumstances were different Hazel could've stayed as long as she liked and Cash wouldn't mind but she could barely look at her without feeling guilty .

" Aye sis .. when you going home ? " Cameron asked her.

" After the funeral , speaking of can you guys please come with me " She asked as she sat up and looked at them offering a smile .

" I don't do funerals " Cashmere said . She actually wasn't lying she hated funerals . Being in the same room as a dead body and dealing with people screaming and crying it was too gloomy and sad for her . She would make and exception if it was for family like Yanni , Coco , Hazel , or Cam but she hoped that wasn't happening any time soon .

" I'll come with you sis " Cameron said .

" Thanks bro but I need you to come too Cash . You know Cameron doesn't know how to deal with certain situations when you were gone and I was in here crying he just looked at me awkwardly so imagine what he'll do at the funeral " Hazel said .

" What about your family on your dad's side ? " Cash asked .

" I'm not that close with them . Like most of my family got mad and stopped talking to me and my brother because we took our moms side and whenever I talk to my grandma and grandpa it's mostly them fussing at me about calling to talk to my dad so I can't really look to them for comfort and support like I do to you guys " She explained.

" Fine whens the funeral ? " Cash asked her . She agreed to go because she knew Hazel would do the same for her but it was mostly because she felt bad that she was the reason behind her fathers death.

Cash had been battling back and forth with herself about telling Hazel the truth and she was going to her eventually just not know , everything was too fresh and she wanted her to heal from his death before telling her .

" You're really a good friend you've been having my back through this whole situation and I want to let you know I love you for it " Hazel smiled at Cash .

" I love you too Haze and you don't have to thank me that's what friends are for " Cash smiled but she was dying on the inside to know that Hazel thought so highly of her and she was the cause of her all of her pain was eating her alive . She didn't understand how people snaked their friend and killed on a daily basis , she had a conscious and her sins were weighing heavy on her . Even though both times she murdered it wasn't intentional she still took someone's life and it didn't sit well with her because that's not the person she was and wanted to be , she wasn't that hard up for money to where she had to take lives for it .

The whole situation with Curtis had her rethinking life and she realized that she didn't want to be a scammer or con artist whatever people identified her as . She did it to help Yanni out because she knew that her best friend wasn't as smart and she would get caught easily so she agreed to the brains of the operation to keep her from getting hurt . Riq was right Cash made enough money stripping so that she could live comfortably, she wouldn't be able to wear all the designer she does but she wasn't materialistic like that as long as she had clothes to wear she was content with that .