XXVIII

Chapter Twenty Eight : Building

" Man what's been up with you , you been dodging my calls and every time I go to your house looking for you you don't open the door . what you fucking with another nigga and don't want me know ? " Cameron fussed to Cashmere over the phone . He was finally able to get her to answer her phone after a week of not talking to her .

" No i'm not messing with anybody else , i've been staying with a friend because some stuff went down and it wasn't safe for me or the kids to stay in my apartment " Cash explained .

" What that gotta do with you answering your phone and some stuff like what Cashmere?" Cameron asked .

" Don't worry about it , it'll be handled soon and I don't need you to stressed out worrying about me and as far as me answering the phone i've just needed some time to myself to think about life . Don't take it to heart I haven't talked to hazel or coco either " She said .

" I know you haven't talked to hazel because she's been crying in my ear all day damn thinking something happened to you , cash you can't just disappear on people like that . if you need some time to your self that's fine just say that so we won't be worrying about you " He fussed .

" Okay cameron I hear you " Cash said. .

" So when i'm gonna see you ? " He asked .

" You can come over to cocos place " She said causing coco to look over at her crazily .

" okay i'll see you in a minute " cameron said before disconnecting the call.

" Bitch why would you invite that man over here and Riq is around the corner ? If he comes over here and cuts up my name's bennett " Coco fussed .

" What does Riq being around the corner has to do with anything ? we're not together i'm just staying with him until he takes care of the niggas yanni sent at my house " Cash said .

" So I didn't see that man kiss you before you got out his car ? " Coco asked raising an eyebrow .

" Yeah but it wasn't like that " Cash defended .

" It was .. you and riq have been glued to the hip for a week this is the first time that y'all haven't been around each other since you started staying with him . I don't know why you're straining cameron along when it's obvious you want riq " coco said .

" I don't , I want cameron " Cash started .

" So why was riq the first person you called and not cameron and don't give me no lame ass excuse about cameron not being about that life because that man would do anything to protect you , don't forget he bodied black " Coco said . Cash remained silent not having an answer for that . " I just don't want this to blow up in your face , that's all " Coco said before he disappeared to his bedroom .

Cash sighed and sat in the living room watching tv until she heard cameron knocking on the door . When she opened the door for him he grabbed her up and gave her a long kiss before putting her down . " I missed you so much" she admitted as she stepped aside letting him walk in.

" So why'd you ghost on me ? " Cameron  asked .

" It's a lot going on right now and i'm not telling you because I don't want you to worry about me , and the less you know the better " She said simply .