Chapter 78: Maternal Revelations

Both the rushed packing session, as well as the flight afterwards, was filled with small talk between the siblings. That being the case, it was utterly cheerless compared to the night before.

Cybil, for her part, didn't mind the silence. To tell the truth, she wasn't up to talking, as a strange anxiety had begun to take hold of her.

She had thought about what Ryu had said earlier, and the question that had plagued her a while ago had come back with a vengeance.

What if she had to kill her father?

"Cybil!"

Max had been trying to get her attention, it seemed.

"You seem...distracted. Are you okay."

She had apparently become utterly terrible at hiding her emotions as of late. It made her almost wish that she was the stoic super soldier she started out as.

Almost.

She figured there was no hiding it. "I just... I just feel...." Her breath halted. She thought about saying "never mind", but she guessed there was no turning back now. "Something bad's going to happen, I just know it."

A silence filled the plane as everyone took this in.

"Well be fine. I mean, most of us have powers, right? What could Wester throw at us that we can't handle?"

Even Moonie's optimism was tainted with a nervousness that she had never seen from him before...

***

The flight went by faster than Cybil would've liked (that is, it had an ending that didn't involve the plane hovering in mid-air for eternity). The large series of buildings that greeted her was a surprise, to say the least.

"Home, sweet home..." Ryu mumbled as they were waved in.

The place looked less like a small series of buildings, and more like a city, especially from the inside.

If she wasn't so anxiety ridden at that point, Cybil might have been awed at the amount of people with powers and mutations around the facility.

Upon entering the office, the group was greeted by a tough-looking man with bandaged hands and a petite woman who literally faded into existence to say "hi". The man was the commander of the base, Luke, while the woman was his secretary, Lisa.

The strange thing was, after their greeting, Luke and Lisa kept giving the girl strange looks.

"Is there a problem?" James asked, noticing this?

"It's nothing. There was just...someone here who looked like you..."

Was there another sibling around that she didn't know about?

Corrin, looked thoughtful for a moment. Then came a look of realization.

"Who was she?" the ninja asked quickly.

The commander scratched the back of his head. "I can't remember her name. It's been a busy few days..."

Father and daughter exchanged surprised looks. Just what was he saying?

Corrin, meanwhile, didn't let up. "What did she look like?"

"Like..." Lisa spoke now, furrowing her brow in thought. "A little bit like Cybil, but more robotic... She had like, a few patches of skin, and this robotic red eye..."
Corrin's mouth was wide open. He confirmed the thought dominating the minds of James and Cybil.

That's... Marcia Grey... "