Chapter 101: An Explosion Of A Different Kind

Cybil didn't wake up where she thought she would. Stars dotted the view above her head. All told, it looked like a nice night. She was greeted by a voice.

"Rise and shine, Cybil."

She got up to find that they were standing on the roof of the Organization's cover building.

"What?"

Fuller was staring at her, smirking.

"What are we doing up here, Fuller? Take us back, right now!"

"They'll be fine." Fuller stated casually.

"How selfish can you be?!"

He completely ignored her question. "You know, it's amazing just how much you've grown in a year. You've learned and grown at a pace that most geniuses can't even imagine..."

"I'm not sure whether I should take that as a compliment, coming from someone like you..." Cybil shook her head in frustration. "I just want to go home... Scratch that. I want to end what's going on down there so that I can figure out where to live for the time being until I find a proper home!"

He didn't seem to be listening. "The war is over... But... We still have a score to settle..." Fuller struck a fighting pose, complete with a  "bring it" gesture.

"No we don't! I just want to get on with my life! Why can't you leave me alone?!"

"I didn't say that I was giving you a choice, Agent 6."

Cybil rooted to the spot.

We must obey him.

Her movements were out of her control as she turned around and struck a fighting pose.

"That's it. Now, to assess your abilities."

The fight was more about Cybil trying to pull her punches than anything else. She had no intention of fighting him, and he wouldn't give him the satisfaction of her using her full strength.

After trading blows, he rushed her with a series of shoulder tackles that were woefully mistimed. He looked pretty tired, too, come to think of it...

Even though her body was (somewhat) obeying Fuller's instructions, Cybil's controlled half left her mouth to her.

She certainly could use that to fight... In her own way.

"You're pathetic, you know that?"

"What?" Fuller was on top of her now,  raining down blows and she was dodging and blocking as the situation called for.

"You treat us like dolls, and manipulated me as if I was your personal hitman. You must have been a lonely kid to want to toy with other people's lives like this. That's just sad, especially when you fight like a middle school bully."

The punches came down harder. "What did you say?!"

"Let me tell you something, Fuller. You're not even worth my full effort. I actually feel sorry for you."

She found herself lifted nose to nose with her captor.

"You're holding back on me? How are you holding back?!"

She actually smiled at him. Smiling felt really weird when you didn't do it often.

"Trade secret."

He growled spitefully before tossing the girl to the ground.

"Fine, then. If you won't fight me at your full power, then you can just die."

Released from the original command, Cybil managed to face-palm even as she staggered back in exhaustion.

"Are you serious? Are you going to throw a--"

Her line was cut off by the sound of a familiar line of text. Her self destruct code, Protocol 7.

"NO!" Her mouth slammed shut automatically as she was about to scream it. It sounded more like she had moaned more than anything.

We must obey.

At what cost?

We must obey.

How much damage would it cause if she did obey?

WE MUST OBEY.

Ever wanting to gloat, Fuller stood right over her.

"You've underestimated me, Cybil. You see, I control everything about you. I own you and can do whatever I want with you. Your every step was carefully orchestrated by me."

Something changed deep inside Cybil. A growl erupted from the girl's throat. She felt herself starting to shake.

The fool kept talking. Even the deaths were no accidents, really. Poor little Elena was just a casualty of war, along with those who blew up when their house got destroyed."

Electricity (or something like it) arced around the girl's body. If he didn't shut up now, he would live to regret it...

"Marcia... Well, what are you gonna do, eh? Wester will be Wester... Though I will say that James dying was all part of the pl--"

An almost inhuman roar and a small explosion of energy put a stop to whatever he was going to say next. He was nearly blown off the roof himself.

When the light was gone, Cybil looked at herself. While her frame was bulkier (more in line with Rachel than anyone else), she was still the same height as usual. A golden aura seemed to surround her. Her hair, usually carmel-colored, got the same treatment.

The girl stared at Fuller, feeling creepily calm. There was no anger or fear or anything like that for her. Just confusion and curiosity.

"What just happened to me?"

***

Above: Fuller's Theme - Theme of Urien, Street Fighter V