Chapter 91: Mother/Son Tactics

Ty had briefly taken time to wonder at the pandemonium around him. It was really amazing, and a little sad, that so many people got embroiled in this scheme.

Ty had spent most of his time hiding in order to avoid capture while his mother had worked her way to the box controlling all of this.

He found himself quickly double teamed by two of Wester's goons (yes, this grown man had goons).

"Is there any way you could just...go away?" Ty asked in his best 8 year old voice.

They didn't budge. One of them chuckled at this.

He shook his head and sighed. In his normal voice, he said, "Don't say I didn't warn you..."

Grabbing them via telekinesis, pink energy swirling around them. He slammed the duo against each other, knocking them out.

Of course, he had only learned about his powers around the time when his creator entered his life. They had only grown stronger and more numerous as he continued to die physically. Strangely enough, he didn't feel particularly sick, even though he looked like it.

Breaking the news to her mother when he could no longer hide the abilities had been difficult, to say the least.

Slipping behind tables, he managed to make it to a box-like device next to one of the monitors, hiding in plain sight.

Ms. Ana had been right!

He glanced at her mother along the way. It was easy to tell her apart from the other guards, as she shook slightly every so often as she manned her post.

She was scared, too.

All he had to do was get a little closer...

The box was within inches when he was suddenly grabbed by the throat.

"What do you think you're doing here?" vocal filtering left the voice and person behind the mask indecipherable.

He was about to figure out a way of escape when another soldier rising behind him bashed him in the head with one of the riot shields they wore.

There was no doubt who it was, but just for confirmation...

"No one manhandles my baby!"

He quickly dipped around her and projected a bat made out of psychic energy (no more aluminum bats for him) and slammed it down as hard as he could.

The super-powered smash was more then enough to break the device, even causing a brief power outage as it did so.

"Yes!" The boy shouted as mother and son embraced. They then found themselves surrounded.

Those guards were not happy.

"Mama, can I try something?"

"Might as well..."

He thought as hard as he could about where he wanted to be...and then the world melted away in a pink fog.

***

Ana wasn't a woman with many friends. She rarely got close to anyone after what happened to her brother and sister. That said, it broke her heart to have to fight someone she considered a close friend.

She had eventually gotten the upper hand, putting Marcia down for the count. Hopefully, that would bring her back to herself...

The room around her glitched while displaying numerous error messages in an angry red before the whole thing faded out of existence completely, revealing a massive underground hangar.

"Those two really did it," She said quietly, smiling to herself.