Chapter 83: The Final Flight

James found that he got a surprising amount of sleep considering what he knew would come in the following few hours. Of course, that only came after some time swamped with images of the family he and Marcia could've had if it wasn't for...everything.

When the time came for the inevitable, he was already awake. After quickly getting everyone else up (excluding Ty and Elena, who seemed to be gone for some reason), they quickly shared in what was surely his last meal as he filled everyone in on Wester's recent threat.

No one talked through it. Not a peep. Even Moonie, who generally cracked jokes all the time, was quiet and sullen.

The plane ride was no better. In fact, it was worse because the silence here was broken in the worst way possible.

Max was the perpetrator. "So, um... Does anyone have anything they would like to say before..."

"Before what?" Moonie asked, his voice smacking of a defensive fear. "We'll be fine!"

"You certainly don't sound it. Do you even believe your own words?" There was a bitterness in Max's tone.

"Whatever he can throw at him, we can take it, right?"

Max wasn't buying it. "Just admit that you're scared."

"What are you afraid of, Moonie?" Ryu had spoken up. "You've got access to a metric ton of powers anyone would dream of."

"Yeah," Moonie mumbled. "If I can remember them. If I get stage fright, I'm pretty much defenseless."

"Even if that becomes an issue, You can be sure that I've got your back, man."

Corrin took his mask off to offer a reassuring smile.

Glancing at the others, James noticed that Cybil herself had gone completely silent. As in, she hardly looked as if she was breathing. What was going through her mind right now?

Rachel occasionally chafed under her outfit. The civilian clothes for the group of siblings had to be foregone in favor of something more combat functional (Moonie and Corrin wore something Corrin had custom ordered just for the occasion from his ninja group). It was all around a similar catsuit type getup that was strong enough to repel small attacks while light enough to move around unrestricted in. Rachel's was a little different than the others, as it was more of a torso piece that left her arms and legs bare.

The other siblings had an outfit identical to that of Cybil, with Ryu lacking the bottom half for obvious reasons, and his sister actually fabricating an exact copy of the outfit for herself.

To his absolute lack of shock, Fuller video called in towards the end of the flight. Everyone would get to see him face to face (sort of).

"Well, isn't this a surprise! I come expecting the five of your creations, James, only to get this instead."

"So... You're the big bad?" Moonie asked.

The big man smirked. "For now, call me an observer. I'm here to watch the show."

James shot a vicious glare at his adversary. "Don't you dare get involved in this. In fact, just get lost!"

"You know I can't do that."

James growled.

"A ninja, eh?" Fuller turned his attention to Corrin. "This should be very fascinating, indeed."

"Interfere, and you'll regret it..."

"You can call me Fuller. I look forward to seeing you."

The feed cut off as they landed. At the same time, a massive weight landed on the group that would likely not be lifted until this whole thing ended, one way or another.

***

Above: The Final Flight - N's Bridge, Pokémon Black and White