Chapter 96: Roar Of The Mutated Beast

The group watched in utter horror as their tormentor convulsed on the ground. It suddenly stopped.

A dead silent moment passed. The madman glared at  Cybil with eyes crimson and bloodshot.

Veins appeared and grew all over his body as he grew taller and more muscular, his clothes tearing to shreds as it went on. Rachel soon had to look up at Wester.

"So this is what it's like to be short..." the woman commented.

Now dressed in what was basically the Hulk's evening wear, he roared like a beast before cackling madly in a much deeper, more distorted voice than ever before. What had he done to himself?

Ryu was scared out of his mind."What are you?!"

The creature eyed him maliciously. "I AM YOUR DEATH!"

Before anyone could react, the monster sent his massive fist to smash him. He was too scared to move. This was it...

Except it wasn't. Holding up that fist poised to crush him was his own sister. She sparked with exertion as she looked back at him.

"Run! Now!"

He moved himself out of the way as fast as he could. His chair was deflated on the other side of the room, useless to him.

He watched as the others charged at him one by one. Despite their best efforts, they were being batted away easily. Even Rachel was rather easily laid out, and that would be no easy feat.

"SEE YOUR WORTHLESS SCUM, FOOL?!" Wester roared. "NOW, WHICH ONE SHOULD I CRUSH FIRST?"

Everyone trembled at the near-demonic boom of the voice. The scientist had made his way downstairs, now running towards Wester!

The protests flowed forth like water.

"No, Father!"

"Papá, run! NOW!"

"He wants you! Run!"

The man didn't listen. "It's me you want. Leave them alone!"

"YOU'RE RIGHT. BUT FIRST..."

Wester glared at his enemy, eyes turning blood red, before turning his head at the last second. He shot a massive eye laser, roasting  a certain corner of the room.

Fuller looked genuinely horrified for once. "That was where... Ms. Williams was..."

The monster laughed in a manner so hideous that hardened serial killers would tremble at.

"THAT SNIVELING LITTLE WENCH CAN JOIN HER 'SON' IN OBLIVION!"

Everyone was rooted to the spot, filled with terror. Including the scientist.

Wester's hand quickly searched again for its initial target... and found him with a sickening crunch. There was no scream, as it was instantly over. At least there wouldn't be any nightmares regarding that...

Ryu forgot any promise he'd made to himself as he screamed, "FATHER!"

"OOPS. LOOKS LIKE MY HAND SLIPPED. WHY DON'T I JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE TO SEE THE GRUESOME BODY!"

He laughed as he incinerated the body with another round of heat vision.

"No... No, no... No..." He glared at the creature that had killed his father with nothing but absolute hatred. His vision turned blood red. There was no stopping it this time.

"NO!" The boy screamed in pure agony as twin rays of red light burst from his eyes, headed straight for their rightful target...

***

Theme of Meta-Wester (Phase 1) - Vs. Ridley, Metroid: Other M