Chapter 4: Awakening (1)

The blue haired lady sitting on the wheelchair had two babies in her arm. She giggled slightly when she saw their red faces scrunching up at the same time.

She rested her arm lightly on the armrest of her wheelchair, and closed her eyes for a short moment, catching up on the sleep she had been lacking due to various circumstances.

"Boss!" Gamma ran towards her with a paper in his hand.

All the discharge documents had been settled.

And...

"Its time to go home, my dear children."

~

The two babies slept in the brand new crib which was custom made for the two. A windchime dangled above their heads. Sunlight poured into the room from the full length windows leading to the balcony, which had a view of lush green forests. A gentle breeze came in from those windows, causing the windchime to knock against each other to create a beautiful melody.

The two babies stirred from their long nap, and opened their eyes. They giggled at the sight of each other, seemingly laughing at the strange monkey faces of newborn babies.

A silver light flashed past the blue orbs of the baby girl, and similarly for the baby boy, an orange light flashed past.

They flapped their weak limbs repeatedly until they felt the touch of the other.

The stubby fingers of the both intertwining, they tried to fight the urge to sleep, but their weak willpower failed, and thus they closed their eyes and went back to sleep.

Incoherent words came out of their mouths, in a language nobody knew, and then a faint silvery orange glow surrounded their wrist and neck, but quickly died off.

When the glow dissipated, a very faint crown birthmark a shade lighter than their porcelain like skin appeared on the wrist and neck of the girl and boy respectively.