Side Story: The Tale of The Race

This is the author's twist to kawahira's story of the Tri-ni-sette! Its a side story, so please enjoy~!

---------------------

Once upon a time, there lived a king who loved his people as much as his family.

He ruled his kingdom and the people peacefully coexisted with the humans, despite the huge discrepancy in the powers.

One day, outsiders entered the country and sowed discord among the two different races that used to coexist in harmony.

The foolish humans trusted their own race, compared to the other race that they spent their whole lives with.

What the outsiders told them was:

"The blood of their race grants immortality, their eyes can treat even the gravest illnesses, and they possess magic stones that can grant any wishes."

Not only were humans stupid, they were also selfish and greedy people. Not thinking about the times when the other race always helped them, when they smiled and partied with each other.

They were too taken in by greed which took root in them just by a measly few lines spouted by the outsiders, who were equally greedy.

They were too taken in by greed to realise that their friends were killed with their own filthy hands, yet their friends did not utter a single word of complaint, dying with a smile etched on their bloodless faces.

Humans killed. Their spouses that the swore to cherish for their lifetime, the friends they spent their childhood with, their king who loved them dearly despite them not being of the same kind as him.

Those humans were so sheltered, they couldn't live long despite the wishes they wished for and the sicknesses cured with the eyes.

Despite that so called immortality that was simply a rumour spread by the outsiders.

After all, everything from the earth goes back to the earth, and there is no such thing as immortality.

The humans finally awoke from this... nightmare, to find themselves in a larger nightmare.

The country they loved so much was reduced to ruins because of them, and in the end, they also did not get to live.

It was a horrible, horrible, nightmare.

One that they could not wake up to to find the other race still alive and well.

This island country was reduced to shambles, and the people of that kingdom were never heard of again.

However, 5 people managed to escape. They loved the humans very much. Therefore they decided to continue protecting their race despite knowing of all their flaws.

They had offspring with humans, the human blood diluting their offspring's powerful blood from their own race, giving rise to this thing called "flames".

However, immortality, as the narrator said, does not exist, and eventually the pure blooded ones, who maintained the stability of the earth, returned to the core of mother Gaia.

Two were not adequate to maintain equilibrium.

Thus, the Tri-ni-sette was created.