Chapter 11: Memories (1)

"Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!" A panicked cry came from the yard, or to be exact, from Yuni.

The three adults rushed out of the room, sliding the full length window open violently, to see the sight of an unconscious Tsuna in the snow.

What exactly happened in the few minutes their eyes were taken off the children?

~

"Nana-san, thanks for the... reminder. I called our doctor so he'll be here soon. You should bring your children back to sleep. They must be exhausted after all that's happened." Aria told Nana as she tucked Tsuna in bed, looking at the children sleeping on the carpeted floor of the room.

~

"Nii~"

A sweet voice called out from behind.

'Yuni? No... that's not Yuni.'

Tsuna turned around to see a young girl with long blue hair running after him.

"Yuni!" A voice stranger to him exited his mouth.

The girl stretched out her hand to reveal eight gems.

"What's this?"

"Sepira-chan gave them to me! She said Kawa-chan found them by the ocean! He said these are wishing stones!"

"Yuni, wishing stones only work for the human race, we can't use these stones. There is too little mana in it for us to use."

"But nii~ it's a gift!" Yuni pouted as she gestured to her brother to pick one.

He sighed and smiled, before picking the plain transparent stone from Yuni's hand.

"Eh? Why did you choose that? It's so plain!" Yuni looked at him with a quizzical look, unable to understand why such an outstanding and talented young ruler would go for the plainest out of the bunch.

"Yuni, do you know? The humans came up with this theory, that a rainbow is only formed when white light is refracted? Isn't that interesting? I'm everyone's sky, yet I'm not the only sky. However, I'm the reason behind everyone's existence. Doesn't that sound intriguing?"

Yuni let out a breath of warm, sunny scented air.

"I don't get it... Nii always speaks in riddles, and they're really difficult to understand!"

"When you take up my position when I die, you'll know."

"How many millennia will that be?"

~

A fond smile managed to find it's way onto Tsuna's face as he reminisced about the memories he did not remember making.

376 words