Chapter 13: Awakening (2)

A stifling heat was wrapped around Tsuna. He felt that something was gripping onto his heart, something was pressed on his chest, making it difficult to breathe.

He gasped for breath as cold sweat dotted his forehead. His toes felt like they were about to freeze over, and it felt like his blood stopped flowing for a moment, causing all his bodily functions to shut down.

At the same time, his forehead and hands were burning. It felt like his hands were about to boil over.

Aria was startled by the soft pained cry that came from Yuni and Tsuna's room. Worried, she immediately went into their room.

When she opened the door, she saw the sight of her 5 year-old son still asleep, but clutching his head, whimpering at the pain.

Soft flames blazed at his hands and forehead. They were the most beautiful flames that Aria had ever seen. The flames were clear, and tinted with orange.

The boy was subconsciously avoiding Yuni despite all the pain he was in.

"Tsuna!" Aria shrieked.

She then panicked, worried that Yuni would wake up from that shout and be frightened.

Thankfully, she continued sleeping.

Gamma then entered the room due to the commotion and saw the same scene Aria saw.

"Boss, try to circulate his flames and calm it down!" His mind quickly came up with a possible solution.

Aria tried following his suggestion, but quickly shook her head.

"It's not possible, these flames are much stronger than mine, I can't suppress them!"

"Oh, Tsuna-chan..." she felt like weeping, yet no tears dripped down.

She tried many ways that could possibly suppress the flames, but to no avail.

Finally, she realised that she could only watch her dear son suffer, and could only pray that the pain would soon subside.

Just then,

Yuni's flames were also awakened.

Her flames were equally beautiful, orange with silver streaks, yet it was a lot less harmful. She was unaware of her flames awakening.

However, Tsuna's pain got worse with that.

Yuni's flames causes Tsuna's flames to flare up, protectively covering the two.

Aria could do nothing about it.

Gamma called Shamal and explained the sight before them.

To which, Shamal said, "Tsuna is probably reacting to Yuni's flame. You can't do anything to stop it, but if it carries on any longer, it will be dangerous to Tsuna. And if any Mafia realise, it could potentially be dangerous.

Just at this moment, the doorbell rang.

Gamma brought Nana up the stairs, and she looked worriedly.

Aria made up her mind after much thought, "Nana-san, can we entrust Tsuna to you? It will be dangerous to the two if they are together. If I leave with Yuni, and you keep Tsuna-chan under your care, the mafia will probably only come after us."

She had to protect her two children without fail, even if that would lead to their sadness.

~

Tsuna gradually felt the pain subside, or rather, he got used to the immense pain.

His pale lips regained its original pink appearance and a rosy glow once again adorned his cheeks.

The flames finally got weaker, not due to lacking of power, but due to the newfound control over the flames, and not long after, the flame died out.

He heard a faint "I'm sorry Tsuna-chan" and felt a soft peck on his forehead, and the feeling of weightlessness from him being carried in someone's arms. But he was too exhausted to think about anything.

The house was vacated in one night.

~

Tsuna woke up to see an unfamiliar ceiling above his head, and two tufts of hair next to him.

One dirty blonde, and one golden brown.

The twins were awakened by Tsuna, and they were immediately asked.

"Where's mama?"

The twins remembered what happened last night when they were about to be put to sleep before Nana ran out of the house. She came back with a boy in her arms and Aria behind her.

She told them, "Please take care of Tsuna-chan on my behalf, okay?"

They could not comprehend her words, but the message was somehow transmitted to them when she ruffled their hair with a sad look on her face.

"She went away for a while! You'll be staying with us for a while, Tsuna!" They were young, they knew nothing of the world, they were taught that lying was not good, as that was what kaa-san always told them, but this was a white lie that they knew they had to tell.

Although they did not know for sure if she would really come back for him.

776 words *new record!*

Exams are over, and now I'm even more stressed out by school. Holidays are in 1 week, but I still have to go to school during holidays.

I'm sad (┙>∧<)┙へ┻┻

I'm still writing, inspiration dropping, but still writing, however, I'm getting busier with school so... When my stock of chapters run out, I'll update irregularly.

for now there is probably 2-3 chapters per week.

Please comment and vote!(*゚▽゚*)