Chapter 19: Beginning

Yes! The time has come, dear readers! The official storyline has begun!

This was when 27 started gaining a reputation in the mafia world, be it Italian, English, Japanese or Chinese.

When Hibari Kyoya acted as the enforcer of law and justice, when he got strong enough to fight singlehandedly to annihilate whole Yakuza groups, he heard the rumour about the top hacker 27.

He noted that his little lion cub had the same birthmark stated in the rumours. Then, he heard this rumour more frequently and decided to ask the person in question.

His little lion cub easily told him about his identity as a hacker, knowing that Kyoya had done no wrong for the Vendice to capture him, and was strong enough to get rid of Famiglias that could potentially bring him harm.

Nothing happened to their relationship, they simply got closer with the additional secret only they shared.

~

Tsuna sat at the corner of a sketchy looking, run down bar, drinking a non-alcoholic drink.

This bar was a place where many Mafioso congregated, be it freelance hitmen or Mafioso from named Famiglias. It was also a place for gathering information to information brokers, for when they were drunk, people tended to speak out more.

'It's about time...' Tsuna thought to himself as he swirled the amber liquid in the glass. He rarely sneaked into the database of the Vongola Famiglia, but recently, he did, and he found out that the ninth don of that Famiglia was retiring, and was deciding to choose a new successor. However, it seemed like he was too early to find out exactly who were the candidates.

He perked his already sharp ears and listened to the toned down conversations of the mafia men, sieving out the good bits of information that could potentially be sold.

Then, a supposingly unsuspecting baby, donning a black tuxedo and a fedora with an orange ribbon across, walked in to the bar.

Many stopped speaking, at the surprising sight of the world's number 1 hitman entering the bar.

Just then, two men at the bar counter spoke.

"Reborn, I heard the old man summoned you again."

"Must be tough being popular. Where are you going this time?"

The scent of tobacco filled the air, causing Tsuna to feel like choking, from the lit cigar they took out of their mouths.

The baby, known as Reborn, said, "Giaponne."

'Japan?' Tsuna was shocked. 'The candidate is in Japan?'

He got out of the bar, and went home to research on the candidates with this newfound information.

~

The baby in a tuxedo got off the plane, a neon green chameleon appearing on the edge of his fedora. This baby was known as Reborn.

He looked at the two files in his hand, one about the potential Vongola decimo, and the other about the next External advisor, the CEDEF boss.

Sawada Ieyoshi
DoB: 14 October
Family: Sawada Nana(Mother), Sawada Iemitsu(Father), Sawada Ietsuna(Younger twin brother)
Personality: Headstrong, honest, tsukkomi, caring
Background information: Has strong sky flames, sealed by the ninth in the past. He is very caring and considerate towards his friends and family, giving him the potential tenth position. Due to his many good qualities, he is popular with people.
He is average at all subjects, and good at sports.

Sawada Ietsuna
DoB: 14 October
Family: Sawada Nana(Mother), Sawada Iemitsu(Father), Sawada Ieyoshi(Older twin)
Personality: Twisted, eccentric, caring
Background information: He has a slightly strange personality, which is not frequently seen, and also not known about the switch to his personality, but otherwise is a star student. He has a cheerful disposition but not much responsibility, leaving messes to be cleared up by his older twin. He has dual flames - sun and mist, and has potential as a CEDEF officer.
He is smart in all academic subjects, getting in top 20 of the school subjects, but is bad at physical education.

Considering how much Iemitsu loved to rave about his children as a doting parent, the page long file on his students-to-be was surprisingly short.

This did not surprise him as he knew that Iemitsu only knew of his children's daily lives from his wife as well as people he had sent to protect them.

He placed a flyer he had pre-made before camping on a branch of the tree near their house to await the twin's homecoming.

~

""Tadaima!"" two boys called. One had honey Brown hair, and the other had blonde hair.

"Ara, Yo-kun, Ie-kun, Okaeri!"

"We're going back to our room!" the older twin shouted to the kitchen, where their mother was preparing dinner. Their mother hummed in reply.

Nana suddenly remembered the flyer in their letter box, and went up to tell her two children about it.

~

"When is Tsuna-nii going to come back? I'll get withdrawal symptoms if he isn't coming back anytime soon!" Ietsuna started whining the moment he entered their room. The polite and respectable facade from school shattered into pieces.

Reborn, who was spying on them, wondered who was this Tsuna-nii they spoke of. Nothing about this was mentioned in the files he was given. Rather than that, he finally figured out what the files meant by the younger twin having an eccentric personality. He was most certainly an... odd person.

The door to the twin's room opened as Nana barged into their room.

"Oh, Yo-kun, Ie-kun, I hired a tutor for you!" She exclaimed, before pulling out a flyer and saying, "look!"

The moment the two finished reading the flyer...

"Mom, that's a scam!"

"Besides, we don't need home tutors! We're not stupid!"

... The two immediately warned their mother of the scam. something was fishy about the "Will raise your children to be the new leader of next generation" part.

As they were trying to talk sense to their mother about hiring those suspicious conmen into their house, a squeaky voice suddenly sounded.

"Ciaossu"

995 words

just realised I finally got 1k reads. I'm not aiming to be top, but isn't it strange that compared to a worse written and discontinued fanfic, this has much less view? eh... However, I'm still thankful to have people reading my story. Thank you for 22 chapters of support!

and just a request of mine:
Would someone - anyone, please suggest to me a title for this book? I can't seem to find a fitting one. Don't worry, I won't judge.