Chapter 29: Sakura Viewing

"Here." Tsuna put down a lacquered 7 layered lunch box on the picnic mat.

It was 5 am in the morning, and Tsuna was extremely sleepy.

The gentle moonlight shone on the blooming cherry blossom trees, making the falling petals seem as if they were glowing.

It was a beautiful sight indeed, but Tsuna was way too sleepy to bother.

A warm pot of Amazake was set next to the stacked boxes, which opened up to reveal a wide array of traditional Japanese food.

Ikurazushi, seafood sushi, sashimi, sliced fruit, handmade wagashi, Hanami dango, sakura mochi and even ohagi. The widespread of food was not actually bought (even if Kyoya was terrifying, no one had their shops open for him at such a timing.), but actually made by the brunette. To be honest, Kyoya was slightly wowed by the boy's abilities, not that it was visibly obvious.

Tsuna lied down on the mat, the thick carpet of grass beneath sinking down.

He poured himself a full cup of hot amazake, as well as another half-filled cup for the prefect.

He had fallen for the sweet wine, and was unwilling to share too much of it, even if the other party for his best friend.

He lifted the cup up to his face, allowing a small breeze to send the warm steam to his face, bringing a warm flush to his icy pale cheeks.

Winter had passed not too long ago, but the breeze still brought a chilly feel along, and the lack of sun in the twilight sky just hastened the speed of Tsuna's freezing.

His cold fingers wrapped around the lumpy glass surface of the sake cup, sipping the cloudy liquid.

As it smoothly slid down his oesophagus, he felt his body get warmer, as the drink left a lingering sweetness from the alcohol, as well as the slight spice of the ginger on his palate.

(Please note that I have never tried Amazake. Amazake is a low-alcohol content beverage and this particular kind is diluted with water and mixed with ginger. I'm assuming it's okay for children to drink them.)

He sighed in ecstacy, not noticing the prefect's eyes on him.

The black-haired male, too drank the alcohol that his friend quite reluctantly offered, and although it was tasty, his reactions were not as open as the brunette's. He wanted more, but seeing the brunette's possessiveness towards the drink, opted to eat the food instead.

The sweet wine was quickly finished by the sole teen, and he got slightly tipsy, causing his neck and ears to turn slightly red.

The heat annoyed him, causing him to nearly take off his clothes, if not for buttons that his drunk self was fumbling with.

The prefect looked at the teen who was sweating, out cold, and muttered "If you were cold, you could've just used flames"

Incoherent mumbles exited the brunette in reply to Kyoya's words.

Kyoya sighed at the childlike teen, but still packed up all the empty lunch boxes, throwing Tsuna over his shoulder and ready to leave.

He looked at the full moon in the sky, gentle white light pouring onto the pink flower petals, his last look at the ethereal cherry blossom grove.

He swore he saw a bird on the tree.

Black feathers.

It couldn't be a crow, the bird was to small.

That bird was also surrounded by soft violet flames which somehow didn't set fire to the grove.

But the bird disappeared the moment he blinked, making Kyoya think it was a hallucination.

~

Kyoya groaned as he fell on his knees.

Something stinged him, and immediately, he felt weak to the sight of the beautiful blossoms.

Only after mustering all his willpower was he able to get to his feet.

Trudging weakly, tonfa in hand, he got out of the grove.

It was too bad that he wasn't able to view the flowers with his carnivore anytime soon.

~

"You feel weak around sakura?" Tsuna asked, taking a bite of ohagi.

The two were currently in Tsuna's house, savouring tea and snacks.

Kyoya took a sip of tea, before grunting "Hn."

"Is that so..." Tsuna did not pry further into matters. "Then I'll move the sakura tree to somewhere you can't see for now..."

"When you're okay with it, tell me and I'll move it back!"

Kyoya lifted the edge of his mouth, forming a slight smirk. The little animal  was so earnestly making it easier for him.

He took another sip of tea.

It was a peaceful afternoon.

Perhaps the calm before a storm?

I'm happy that I came back from a short break from wattpad to see my feed with votes! ehehe~ >w<

my throat is sore and school holiday ends in 1 hour.

yipee~

my ranking fell QwQ

Thank you for reading and voting~