Chapter Thirteen

-Beep beep beep beep- I reach down under my bed and grab the small bat AND SMACK THE CRAP OUT OF MY ALARM CLOCK! "UUUUHHHHHH!!!" I groan while lying on my back on my bed with bat in hand. I lay there for a few seconds then remember "FRIGG I HAVE A VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT!" I drop my bat and run to my duffle bag and get into my uniform. I pack snacks and volleyball shoes for the bus ride over to Galra High. I have a piece of toast in my mouth while trying to get my sweatpants on I'm hopping on one leg to get the other into the pant leg. I do a little check at the door before opening it "Hair up: Check, Uniform on: Check, Kneepads in bag: Check, Shoes in bag: Check! ALRIGHT! READY TO GO!!" I say pumped up.
I get to the school and wait for the bus with Allura. During the wait I text Shiro.
Me: Morning! You coming to watch me beat the Galra?
Stupid Jerk Shirogane: Yep! Just picking up Matt and heading our way there.
Me: Nice. Oh the bus is here! See you there :p
   Once we get to Galra High we're put in a corner to stretch and put our bags. "Ok! Let's practice with a light game of pepper." Our coach tells us and I'm with Allura. After we do that it's serving. I don't do my jump serves because I don't want the Galra to know >:3! Once the game is about to begin I see Shiro and Matt "Hey!" I cheer at them. "Someone is excited this morning. Usually your like a snake." Matt states with a grin. "Don't test me." I give him a glare. "Katie! We're about to start!"   One of my teammates calls out to me. "Be right there!" I yell back. I begin to take off my volleyball jacket and sweatpants and I notice Shiro slightly blushing "what?" I look up at him. "Oh! Nothing! Hurry you're going to be late!" I stuff my bag with my clothes and pull
up my knee pads. "Fine. Ok mom." I taunt. I run to my team who is on the other side of the court.
(A/N: If any of you need help on these upcoming volleyball terms, just comment and I'll help you!)
     The game begins, I'm a setter since I'm so short. All you can hear is chatter and cheers. My team and I can practically read each other's minds. Girls "Katie, 22222, 111111!!" I hear. I set 1 up because she has a better chance of getting a good spike down on the team. She gets us a point with an awesome spike and so we huddle together and do a little cheer and get back into our positions.
      I'm now serving "They won't know what hit them." I smirk. I spin the ball around in my hand to get use to the feel. I get behind the line throw the ball in the air and run up and hit it in the sweet spot! "nice!" I think as I watch it soar over the net. I get in position, a Galra girl passes the ball "how did she-?!" Her team sets a girl up and they spike down to our side but I dive to try and get it. "Got it!" I got it and it went up to setter. We keep playing like that until I dig and my knee pad had slidden down from movement and sweat. ~CRACK~ I lay on the floor holding my knee. "Tsk!" I cry.
    The game stops so they can come to see what happened. "Katie!!" I hear a familiar voice. It's behind me and they wanted to check my knee so I had to sit up. It hurt really bad so I grabbed the arm who was behind me and held on tightly. I look up to see who it is and lay my head on their forearm "Shiro"