Chapter Twenty

Katie POV

After Allura and Shiro left, I ran up into my room and cried for hours. It was around 10 at night when I decided to get ready for bed. I slipped into my lime green hoodie and black sweatpants.
I quietly walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth trying to not wake anybody up. "Wait. Everyone is asleep..." I thought with a big grin.
I hurried and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my brush to smooth out my long hair. I reached in the drawer and grabbed a pair of sharp scissors. I stared at my reflection in the shiny silver scissors. I locked the bathroom door and opened the scissors, so the blades were out. I pulled my long hair straight, closed my eyes, and *snip*. "There's no turning back now." I thought holding my hair again to cut it.
After about an hour, I looked in the mirror and smiled. I brushed my short fluffy hair and just smiled. I was so happy of what I did. I cleaned the blades of stray hairs and threw them away. I grabbed the pile of blonde hair from the ground and threw it away as well.
After I destroyed the evidence of my cut hair. I went to bed, waiting for the next day to come.
           Time skip to the next morning
  I woke up and stretched. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair before I got dressed. I looked into the mirror and gasped "So it wasn't just a dream! I really did cut my hair!". I fiddled around with my fluffy hair. After brushing my teeth I went to my room and got dressed.
   I went down the stairs and my family gasped.
"What happened to your beautiful long hair?!" My mother exclaimed. My brother on the other hand ran up to me and floofed it "You're hair is awesome!". "Mom it's okay, I wanted to change a bit. Plus I didn't do half bad." My mother sighed "you're right Katie. It actually suits you." I hurried up and made toast. Eating it on the way out.
   I made it to school and there I see the two backstabbers. I kept a smile on my face. Not a sweet smile but one that says 'watch your back' . I was going to go around them but they stopped me and said...