Chapter Two: The New Kid.

Waking up, you yawn opening your bedroom curtains. It's raining. Great.

The hot water of the shower quickly warms you up, washing your hair and body. Of course, you use your strawberry shampoo and conditioner before getting out. When dried, you put on some underwear before pulling out a blue oversized jumper and black jeans. Once dresses, you choose from a selection of converse. You decide on the blue ones to match your jumper. Brushing your [H/L] [H/C] you decide to tie it up into a high ponytail.

A scone or toast? Scone.

You pull out the scones, jam and cream after pulling a can of coke out of the fridge. Once you've eaten and drank, you shove your wallet into your front pocket of your jeans and grab some lollipops into your pockets also. You never leave home without them.

Knock, knock!

Rushing to the door, you open it to find a sleepy looking L. "What's up Ryuzaki?" You question him. He was wearing his signature look. A baggy white, long sleeved shirt, dark blue jeans and carrying his black converse. As usual, he's rocking his bare feet at the moment.

"Well you told me yesterday you're going to Daikoku Private Academy, which is where I attend. I'll walk with you." He yawns, taking a lolly from your pocket and putting it into his mouth. You chuckle at his strange ways.

"Alright. Have you ate this morning?"

"Look who you're talking to. Silly question, don't you think?" He chuckles.

"Alright. Come on." After locking the door, you two walk to school, talking and laughing away. It felt like the old days at Wammy's.

Upon reaching the entrance gate, the bell goes. "Shoot." You mumble.

"Which room are you in?"

"5-a I think."

"You're in luck, you're in my class. Now, dumb it down a little but not too much. We don't want to seem TOO smart." He winks at you. 

"'Kay." You hum, walking along side him to class.

The class was loud and full of the usual crowd. A group of the popular girls, the jocks, the geeks and then the group of normal kids. Of course, you and L were just sat in the corner, talking away. 

As you observe the room, you notice a guy in the normal group keeps glancing at you, a small smile gracing his features. He has light brown hair and brown eyes and is wearing a white dress shirt, blue jeans and black converse.

"[Y/N]?" L shakes me, drawing my attention back to him. 

"Huh? Sorry." 

"I swear, you have the attention span of a goldfish." He chuckles. You hit him playfully on the arm, giggling.

The teacher walks in as you notice the guy walk closer to you. "Please sit down, class." He groans. Great, an I'm-too-good-for-this-job kind. L sits at the very back left, you to his right. On your right is... That guy. Hm.

"Right class, today we will be jumping straight into a test so I can challenge your abilities. Take out a pen and stay silent. Do not start until instructed so." You smirk at L who chuckles back. Ohh this will be fun. You take out a pen and throw L a lollipop, getting one out for yourself too. 

"Excuse me. I forgot a pen, can I borrow one?" The guy to my right asks.

"Hm..." Searching your pockets, you find a spare pen. "Here." Giving him a small smile, he takes it and thanks you.

"I'm Light. What's your name?" He whisper-asks.

"[Y/N]." L chuckles quietly at the whole thing and you smirk at him.