Chapter Sixteen: Hostage.

Nothing important in this really, just a bit of story to go along for the ending... You'll understand when I EVENTUALLY get there xD

~~~~

You look at L with shock.

He's the world's #1 detective and only a handful of people know who he really is... Yet he couldn't keep THAT a secret?!

"Ryuzaki! Have you ever heard of a little thing called privacy?!" You yell, scowling at the boy. Everyone looks at you in shock at your little outburst before Light speaks up.

"She has a point... You should respect her privacy more."

L glares at Light before hissing, "Back off, would you? She's MY girlfriend."

"Your girlfriend who agrees with Light!" You huff, standing up and walking away.

What is with him?! He's always so jealous of Light and I don't understand why. Doesn't he realize that he's the one I love? I don't understand that either. Why do I love L? He's always so jealous, always gets involved in fights, he's REALLY possessive and doesn't respect my privacy... Yet at the same time he's so sweet and cute, caring and kind, smart and fun... Ugh.

Reaching the school, you sit on the steps and sigh. The song of the birds flows throughout the air and soothes your racing mind. Other students laughing and gossiping laces into the sweet symphony.

"[Y/N]?" The approaching L sits next to you, "I'm sorry, baby... I just got carried away- it's the first time I've had something over Light- it felt good!"

Sighing, you look up into his dark, sorry eyes, "You know how ironic it is that the worlds #1, secret detective can't keep a secret?"

He purses his lips and looks at the ground, "I-I know... I'm sorry. Really and truly sorry."

The worried look in his eyes makes your heart hurt, you don't like seeing him upset at all. Slowly, you take his hands in yours and give him a small smile, "It's also ironic that the #1 detective feels so threatened when he's already won and will always win."

His eyes light up as he looks at you, "A-always?"

"Always."

Happily, his soft, warm lips are smacked onto yours, the taste of sweets filling your mouth. You smile into the kiss as he gently locks his lips with yours, humming in amusement. Even now, those same butterflies erupt in your stomach. He slowly pulls away and kisses the tip of your nose, "You're amazing... I don't deserve you."

Chuckling, you kiss his forehead, "Ohh shut up." At that moment, the bell rang signalling that it was time to go to class.

~~~~

"I'll see you all tomorrow then," Mr. Tanaka dismisses the class, "Ohh and could everyone stay behind who received my memo?"

Confused, you look at the boys and they shrug. Sighing, you grab your bag, "I'll wait outside."

"Alright, I won't be long." L smiles before pecking your lips. You smile back before waving to the other two. Standing outside, you put your head phones on and sing along to your favourite band. Some friends from class say goodbye, some fist-pound you, the usual.

After around twenty minutes, a tap was placed upon your shoulder. You take your headphones off and look at the man, "Hello." Sebastian smiles.

"Hey, Sebastian." Smiling, you reply.

He looks around before asking, "Do you know where my master is?"

"Yeah, the teacher told some people to hang back... They should be out any moment I believe."