Chapter Twelve: Two Sides to Every Story.

~~~~L's POV~~~~

Fuck! Is Light telling the truth? Was it not as it seemed? She did seem pretty hurt as she came out of the bathroom... That could be because we were in a fight but then again she told Light about the two kisses...

A small blush dusts across your cheeks as you remember both kisses, your heart skipping a beat.

I at least owe it to her to listen... If I can find her. That was two days ago. Two whole days. She hasn't gone home, HQ, Light or my apartment... Where is she?

I was so dumb... What an idiot.

~Flashback~

You'd just arrived back home so you decided you'd go see [Y/N] and Light. Pushing open the door, you see Light kissing her yaw, her just laying there underneath.

It killed you inside.

She was your... Is she my girlfriend? Obviously not.

But still... You have deep, deep feelings for her which you haven't experienced before, she is your one-in-a-million. Her smile, her laugh, the way she always tastes like sweets and smells like strawberries... She's your perfect girl- no doubt about it.

"Wh-what's going on?" You manage to force out, devastated and anger obvious.

Both of them look up in shock, clearly not expecting my arrival. "Ryu, I-" M began before being cut off by Light.

"She's mine." He chuckles, amusement smothered across his smirk as he crawls off of her.

At that- your heart clenched and you felt sick. The mere thought of her being someone else's sickens you. She's supposed to be yours- to hold and to love, to be able to kiss whenever she's sad or just wants to. Light is stealing the last hope of happiness you have left.

Anger taking over your whole body- hands bawled into fists and face growing red. "Liar." You hiss.

"What's the matter? Jealous?" Light laughs.

"You son of a-" You growl about to hit Light, but stop as you hear M yell.

"Enough!" Annoyance clear in her tone but it was too late, Light had gone in for a swift punch on you which you were quite easily able to dodge. Hitting Light, you hear M gasp in shock over the whole ordeal but you couldn't give up. The distraction of her caused you to be kicked in the stomach so you punch Light in the ribs.

I have to win... For her.

Blood started to trickle down your cheek and lip as more punches were thrown towards each other and kicks were brutal, each one growing in strength. Light tackles you in the stomach and to the ground.

Whack!

Thud!

Light lays punches upon your face before you know what's happening. A metallic liquid begins to invade your mouth as more and more are on your face.

M grabs Light's fist before it could be thrown into you again, tears staining her cheeks, "Stop! Light, stop!" The way her voice was breaking and she was hiccuping made your heart tear into more pieces than before. His raised fist slowly falls as he looks at her, his cold, stern expression falling soft. Shaking his head, he gets up and runs out. You couldn't bare to even look at her as the thought of what happened pops into your head.

"L-Lawliet..." She cries softly, sitting next to me, unsure of what to do.

You manage to look at her for a brief second, but in that second you're sure all of the hurt and pain just exploded in your eyes. Slowly and painfully, you get up and walk out.