Chapter Seven: The Past Always Catches Up.

You stand up not sure of what to do. L begins giving him CPR in hopes of saving him. Tears well up your eyes as you look at the lifeless boy in front of you.

The way he smiled.

The way he laughed.

The way you two nearly kissed.

Five minutes passed that felt like forever. L was still trying to make Light's heart work but nothing happened. It was Kira alright. "R-Ryuzaki... He's gone." But he ignored you, continuing to press on his chest in hopes something happens. "S-stop." You begin to well up, not sure of what to do.

"He's alive. I know he is."

"He's gone. Please. Stop." Tears began to stream down your face as you felt as helpless as ever. Ciel knelled next to you, pulling you into a hug. He gently began patting your hair, whispering things to you like, "It's okay." or "It'll be alright.".

"I won't accept this!" L screamed, going over to the nearest First Aid kit. He ripped it off of the wall, searching vigorously through it. This only made you cry more. Obviously, L couldn't take anymore loss so suddenly, even if they did have their issues. L began to do CPR again, but this time he stuck an adrenaline shot into his heart during the CPR. 

Cough, cough.

Light sat up, clutching his chest. He begged for air as he panted vigerously, looking around unsure of what just happened. "Wh-what happened? Why is [Y/N] crying? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME RYUZAKI?!" Light swatted L away, looking at him like he's crazy.

You look at Light, a lump in your throat, all you could do was reach forward. Once your soft hand touched his cold cheek your breathing stopped. "L-Light?" Disbelief obvious in your tone.

"What is it [Y/N]? Why're you crying?" In one swift movement, he'd wiped the tears from your eyes and pulled you into a hug. "Don't cry, c'mon you silly goose." A soft chuckle fills your ears. All you could do was sit there in his arms as Ryuzaki crawled into yours, unsure of what to do.

The siren of an ambulance was ringing outside. "I'll go get them." Ciel nods, leaving you all to it. Black calmly explains what happened to Light, causing you to grab his shirt tighter as black says 'dead'. 

"I-I've been dead for the past five minutes?!" Light yelps. Black nods before leaving us three alone. 

"I-I gave up on you, Light. I-I'm so, so sorry." Your crying becomes erratic as he strokes your hair. 

"Shh. It's alright, I'm here now." He coos gently.

"Y-you don't un-understand." You begin to hiccup. "I-If Ryu had l-listened to me a-and didn't use that adrenaline shot... You'd be-" Both L and Light's arms tighten around you, cutting you off. 

"I'm afraid we need to get Mr. Yagumi here to a hospital." A paramedic informs us, bowing slightly. Light lets go of you, telling you to go home and rest. "You can visit him tomorrow." The paramedic smiles, "Don't worry, he'll be fine." And with that, they carry him away.

After a few minutes of L holding you, he gives you a small smile. "Let's head home." Gently, he lifts you bridal style and begins to walk home. You try to struggle to your feet but L doesn't let you, "Stop squirming, I'm carrying you home." Squeezing the bunny, your eyes begin to feel heavier and heavier before you black out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~L's POV~~~~

Glancing down, you notice that [Y/N] had fallen asleep, still not letting go of that bunny.

She's so... Beautiful.

A small smile slides on your lips as you walk. Honestly, you don't know how you managed to save Light, but you did it. You couldn't lose someone else again so quickly, so easily even if you do have some problems with the guy. There's only one person who without you wouldn't be able to continue, yet here she is in your arms.