Chapter Eighteen: Lead Up.

So... This is quite the short chapter. It's the lead up to the end which is going to be quite long I'd say. Well, this has been quite the adventure! Thank you all for the love and support throughout. Some of you have been here throughout the entirety of the story and I'd like to say... Thank you so much. It means a lot!

~~~~

"I got it!" You exclaim, throwing the folder at L. Surprised, he falls off of his chair from the impact causing you and Light to burst into uncontrollable laughter. Lungs begging for air, you help the poor boy up. "You're such an idiot."

"Shut up..." He mumbles, glaring at you, "Now what have you got?"

A small chuckle escapes your lips before replying, "I've found something we forgot about."

"What?" Light questions, pulling you to sit on him. 

Smirking, you raise an eyebrow towards L, "Someone knows that someone is L but claims to not have told... So how does she know?"

"Ohh, right... So someone is going to have to question her?" Light also smirks towards the boy.

L looks between the two of you before his eyes go wide, "Wait... Me?!"

"You're closer to her than us two..." Singing, Light replies.

"Are you kidding?!" He yells, waving his arms about... It sort of reminded you of an octopus.

After a few hours of arguing why he should do it, he finally gives in. As much as you hate the idea, you trust L enough to do this. He's your boyfriend and he loves you- he picked you over her. Once done deciding the plan, you place a wire on L for the plan to begin.

Show time.

~~~~Narrator's POV~~~~

It was time for the plan to commence. L had called Shizuka earlier to see if she'd like to hang out- of course, she said yes. They were meeting at a cafe in town and so now there L was, sitting in a cafe awaiting Shizuka to arrive.

"Ryuzaki!" She exclaims, sitting in the booth, "You're looking great. Did you finally dump the rat and want me back?"

Nearly spitting out the coffee in his mouth with laughter, L shakes his head, "Uhh-"

"Say yes." Light demands down the microphone.

"Yes..?" L replies hesitantly. M's heart thumps in worry over this- she was probably going to do something... And all she could do was listen and search her files for any connections between her and Kyosuke.

Shizuka smirks and grabs his hands, "Ohh, my. The world's #1 detective is mine..."

"How do you know about that?" L questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Know what?"

"That I'm L."

"Y-you told me." Shizuka stumbles, feeling the suspension rise. She leans back in her chair, letting go of his hands. L knew this was a sign of being guilty, it's basic body language- accuse someone of something, they'll try and keep as far away as possible from you if guilty.

Shaking his head, L tells her, "No. I didn't."

"Y-yes you did."

"No I didn't. You think I'd tell someone I just met that?"

"Well y-you did."

"That's not what your body language is saying."

"I-I, uhh."

"I found it!" M exclaims, holding up the piece of information linking the two.

L smirks, "So you know Kyosuke Higuchi?"