Chapter Fourteen: Down With Kira.

A bright light invades your room, uninvited. Groaning, you squint your eyes open to see an amused looking L staring down at you, his arms still wrapped protectivly around you. "Morning," He smiles lightly before kissing your forehead.

"Morning," You yawn, cuddling in closer to his warm chest. Chuckling, he strokes your hair as the pair of you lay still like that for a few minutes. A knock on the door causes a small groan to escape your lips, "Who could that be?"

"I'll go, you stay here." And with that, he got up and left. You shivered slightly at the absence of his heat but sat up and streched anyways. Rubbing your eyes, you realize you and L had slept in yesterdays clothes all night. A small smile spread across your lips as you recall last night- L carrying you home and staying with you all night. 

A sudden, loud voice broke your smile as you stand up, curious as to what was going on. There in the door way stood an unhappy looking Light with his still swollen lip. "What's up, Light?" You ask, confused.

Eyes wide, he looks at you for a second before shaking his head, "Nothing."

"Light..." You raise an eyebrow, "Tell me."

"I was just, uhh-"

L cuts Light off, "He was telling me that Kira stopped killing for a night so we caught the guy."

Of course you knew L was lying but you decided it was probably best you kept out of whatever it was, "Alright. Since you're here Light, would you like some breakfast?"

Smiling, he nods, "Yeah, please."

L looks at you with a scowl in protest but you simply wink and turn to the kitchen. Pulling out some eggs, milk and flour, you decide to make pancakes. The two sit quietly on the stools at the counter, watching you. As you stirred the mixture, you sing [F/S] quietly to yourself, blocking out the new whispering coming from behind you. 

Once the mixture was ready, you pour some into the heated pan and turn to the boys, "So how's your lip, Light?"

They quickly stop whispering as he smiles at you, "Perfectly fine, thank you."

"That's good." You chuckle. L awkwardly rubs the back of his neck as you turn back around to check the pancake. After a few tests you decipher that the bottom is done so you flip it around so that the cooked, golden side was facing the ceiling. Smirking, you dip both your index and middle fingers in the mixture and turn to the again whispering boys and as they were turning their heads to look at you- you wiped the mixture along their cheeks and erupt into laughter.

The two stare at you with wide eyes and jaws hanging freely. A smirk forms on both boys faces as they nod at each other before looking at you, "G-guys... What are you-" L grabs you by the hips as Light grabs some mixture and slaps it across your face. Eyes wide, you stare at the boy. Both he and L were laughing so hard that Light fell to the floor in laughter and L struggled to keep hold of you. Glaring at light, you grab some more and smother it all over L's face and run off, knowing that wasn't going to go unpunished. L stood still for a moment, dumbfounded before a devilish grin lit up his features.

Light stood up and grabbed some flour from the still opened bag, flicking it in L's face. He was now covered in pancake mix and flour... 

This was going to go well. 

Both you and Light burst into laughing fits, unable to stand straight. He glares at the pair before flicking some flour into both of your faces in revenge. You grabbed the pancake mix and threw some on the pair, receiving some more from Light. L began to chase you around the now filthy kitchen, Light ahead of you. Almost slipping on some stray mix, L grabs you by the waist and stops you falling. As you look up at the boy to thank him, he tips the whole bag of flour over your head with a devilish smirk. One forms on yours as you grab the mixing bowl and tip it over his head in return, dodging any drops that tried to hit you.