Chapter Five: Goodbye, My Dear Friends.

You and L sit inside Starbucks, a few blocks from your school. He's been listening to you explain why Light has annoyed you so much today.

"It's not that he ditched me, I'm used to that." You sigh, "It's that he's always lying. He says he doesn't like her at all, despises her even, then left with her? I just don't get it." You slouch in annoyance. 

L chuckles, smiling at you. "He's kind of a twos. Maybe now you see why I don't like him- I don't trust him." 'Twos' is mine and L's word for someone we don't like, sort of a 'tw@t' I guess. L is wearing a blue baggy shirt, black baggy jeans and no shoes currently. You two are sat in a booth next to the window, talking away freely. As usual, yours and L's legs are intertwined.

"Ehh, whatever." You chuckle, throwing a sweet into L's mouth.

"Ohh, you wanna play mouth basketball, ey?" He smirks. 

"Bring it, Ryu." Your smile turns mischievous as you throw another into his mouth. He throws one towards yours, but it bounces off of your chin. You catch it in your right hand, aiming it back at him. 

"Damn." He mutters, letting you aim for his mouth.

After around five minutes, you two have run out of sweets to throw. Soon, people from your school begin coming in as usual. "I guess school is over." 

"Guess so." L shrugs. "So, what do you wanna so now?" 

"We could go to the park?" You suggest. L smirks at you, raising an eyebrow. "Ohh come on, you always have more fun than me at the park." You chuckle.

"Alright, alright. Once I've drank my coffee, we'll go." 

After you two have continues to talk, moments later you heard something you wish you haden't. 

"Liiiiiight, I want that one!" You groan at the sound of the high-pitched, squeaky tone. L only giggles at your reaction. 

"Alright, alright. Let's go." Standing up, you and L link arms walking out.

~~~~~~~~~Light's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to get the Death Note from Misa, she said she'd give it to me after this date but I don't know if I'll last. I gaze around the store to see... [Y/N] and L drinking coffee. Their legs are intertwined under the table and the two of them are laughing and drinking their coffee away.

L's winning over [Y/N].

"Liiiiiiiight, I want that one!" Misa squeals. I sigh, looking at what it is she's inquiring about. It's a coffee cup shaped like a pink cow... Is she serious?

"Sure, whatever." I mutter giving her a fake smile to please her.

"Yey!" She jumps around, requesting whatever it is to the service worker.

I look back over to L and [Y/N] to see them standing up to leave. They link arms and walk out, L sending me a smirk as they leave.

~~~~~~~Your POV~~~~~~~~

You jump on a swing and L watches you, chuckling. "It's as if you're still a kid."

"Maybe I am at heart. C'mon, you know you want to join me!" You stick your tongue out at the boy, teasing him. He bites his lip before jumping on the swing next to you. "See, don't you just feel great?" You chuckle. He nods in agreement and begins swinging with you. 

"You're lagging behind..." L teases you.

"Ohh, no I'm not." You push harder, making yourself swing higher and higher. You and L laugh like kids, both of you having so much fun... Until L's phone beeps. He jumps off, pulling out his phone. You watch him, continuing to slowly swing as he stands under the nearby oak tree.