Chapter Seventeen: Return and Entry.

Waking up, you groan. The sun was shinning into your bedroom, the birds were singing... Yet you were too tired to care. Sleepily, you crawl out of bed and head into the bathroom. Once dried, dressed and hair brushed, you walk into the livingroom and turn on the TV.

"The incident that happened at the local highschool last night was apparently settled by a young, teenage girl. According to our sources, the man had a mission from Kira-"

You turn off the TV and sigh, unable to deal with anything to do with Kira.

He's becoming bolder... At this rate, he's bound to make a mistake.

Sighing, you get up off of the couch and grab some lollipops, sweets and coke in a bag and walk out. The boys had to stay over night for observations and don't get out until later... L will be going crazy with the hospital food.

Using the key L gave you, you go into his apartment and grab some clothes for the boy... And other things.

Better make a pit stop at Light's house too.

Once done in L's, you make your way towards the Yagumi residence. It isn't that far, it's just around the corner infact. Upon arriving at Light's home, you hesitate before knocking.

I'm meeting Light's family... This is weird.

A woman with shoulder length brown hair and dark eyes opens the door. A cream sweater hung from her shoulders and blue jeans were hugging her legs... She's obviously quite well off and by the looks of her, she's Light's mother.

"Err, hello. I'm [Y/N], Light's-"

"Ahh! Light's girlfriend! Ohh please, come on in." She moves out of the way, gesturing for you to come in.

Girlfriend? I should just play along with it- fewer questions.

Nodding, you walk in and look around. The walls were beige and the floor was a white carpet. In respects, you take off your shoes to which she thanks you. Paintings hang from the walls and the rather small entrance was open to the livingroom. It was quite a nice home, Light's mother is obviously very proud of it.

"Sorry to come over uninvited like this but I just thought I'd collect some of Light's things for him at the hospital." Smiling, you politely inform the woman.

She nods before smiling, "Right this way, dear." And with that, she begins her climb up the stairs. "Light really seems to know how to pick the cute girls. Besides, you're all he talks about."

A cherry-red blush spreads across your cheeks as you look at her with wide eyes.

He what?

"It's that one." She smiles, pointing to the door on your right.

Gripping the handle, you smile, "Thank you very much, Mrs. Yagami!"

"Please, call me Sachiko." Chuckling, she makes her way down stairs.

Hm... I wonder what Light's room looks like?

An evil smirk spreads across your face as you think.

Who knows what I'll find in here? Hehehe! Ohh god, now I sound like Misa.

A small sigh escapes your lips as you twist the handle, revealing Light's room. The walls were green and the ceiling was blue weirdly enough. Bookcases covered the walls and a single bed lay in the middle of the room. A computer desk lay in the back and a chest of draws opposite that.

This is just like Light; books, books and more books... I wonder where he keeps his 'good stuff'.

Smirking to yourself, you shrug and search his cabinets around his bed for a bag. Once you find one, you place a spare change of clothes inside, some underwear and other things he'll probably need.