Chapter Nineteen: Loving Lawliet.

Screams.

In an instant, the teams fall to the ground.

Kira... Won.

Everyone's dull, lifeless eyes close and they all fall to the ground, cutching their chests. Screams fill the silence as the fan continues to creek in the back and only six remained- you, Light, L, Near, Mello and Mikami.

"Wh-what?!" Near yells, anger and confusion clear in his tone.

"Looks like Kira wins." Light smirks.

Eyes wide, Near asks, "How... How is this possible?!"

"There is yet another Kira... And another Death Note." Light snickers before continuing, "You see, I have a Queen of the new world... And she was Kira before I was. I knew you'd switched the notebook at the bank and so... We sent word to Mikami that the original would be in the car outside. I knew your plan since the beginning, Near."

In that moment, Near and Mello clutch their chests, glaring at Light, "Who... Who is the other Kira?"

"[Y/N] of course." Light smirks snaking an arm around your waist as the two flop to the floor like lifeless fish.

"[Y-Y/N]?" L questions, breath caught in his throat. Tears threaten to escape his dark eyes as he looks at you, heart broken. Although you hate to admit it, it breaks your heart to see him like that. Something happened that you never expected...

You actually fell in love with L.

A lump forms in your throat as you avert your eyes from the raven-haired boy you love so much. You can't bare to look at him like that, especially because of you... "R-Ryu... I-"

Light rests his head on your shoulder as he smirks at the boy, "Hush, princess... How about I explain it all, hm?"

~Flashback~

"She's done, sir." The horrid caretaker, Yami, nods to a man. A tall, horrifying man crouches down to your beaten, broken and empty form, observing you with his amused black eyes. His slender fingers take your chin and gazes at your stoic face, eyes as dull as night.

"Yes... Seems we've made another perfect detective. Send her on her way." And with that, the gray-haired monster walks off. His name was Rin Mataru and you were his favorite subject to prod, poke and test.

Everyday, you'd be beaten. Everyday, you'd be tested. Everyday you'd lose hope... Until you were no more.

The only thing that kept you going was your roommate, L. He was always there for you until a year ago when they sent him out to work with Watari as an investigator. Now, you were alone inside of this cell, your young mind unable to take it anymore... And that's when it appeared. In the room lay a black notebook labeled 'Death Note'.

A god had came down, pitying your young soul and gave you the chance to make your escape.

That shinigami's name was Ryuk. Ryuk had three notebooks from ones he had cheated out from the king- he said he's lost them and got new ones... And this was his game.

You.

After studying the notebook for several days, the doctors announced that it was time you left to become a detective also- and here you were, being escorted out with only the clothes on your back and the one thing that would help you get your revenge- the Death Note. You made your living solving cases and a two years after leaving Wammy's 'Special Facility' you'd met the one who could end the calamity- Watari. You explained everything and showed him the place it all happened. Eventually, he shut down the facility and slowly, each showed up dead via heart attack. It was written off as an accident... But you knew the truth.