Chapter Eight: Without You.

"Light get your lazy butt up!" You exclaim, hitting the sleeping boy with a pillow.

"Wh-What was that for?!" He groans, rubbing the back of his head.

"Revenge, buster. You scared the living hell out of my yesterday!"

Rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, he blushes, "Ohh. Yeah. That." Two guards were at the door, one tall and bald, the other tiny and a red-head. The bald one had black sunglasses on his eyes as well as tattoos, he was very intimidating where as the red-head was freckly and awkward looking...

"Don't worry about it, it isn't your fault." You smile at him lifting out some sweets, coke and other things from your bag.

"For goodness sake..." Light chuckles, "Wait where's Ryuzaki?"

"He's- err. Well he's gone." You mumble, biting your thumb.

"Gone where?"

"In simple terms... Hell."

Light gives you a questioning look so you sigh, telling him about the orphanage but avoiding its name. You can't stand that place. Slowly, you begin to shake and your voice breaks as you tell the story causing Light to bring you onto the bed into a comforting embrace. Strawberry locks around his finger, he strokes your hair in a soothing way, only paying attention to the words you're saying. 

"I'm sure he'll come back alright, don't worry about it." He whispers, kissing your forehead.

All day, you and Light continued to lie like that. Eating sweets, drinking coke and talking away. It was fun until the sun began to set. "Alright, ma'am you can take your boyfriend home now. Don't leave him alone, okay?" A nurse smiles at you.

Your eyes grow wide as your face glows redder than a strawberry, "Ohh, I'm not-"

"She'll take great care of me, won't you my little kitten?" Light smirks at you, winking.

"Alright then, just sign this and you can go." Handing over a few forms, the nurse sighs obviously disappointed... 

Did he just seriously do that? And did she seriously get jealous? 

You bite your lip in hoped of not laughing but you collect Light's things. Once he's done signing you and Light leave. "Give me my thiiings." Light groans, trying to take his bag off of you. The streets are silent as the stars twinkle and gently illuminates your path. Bright light bounces off of the moon, decorating the peaceful, clear sky.

"Hell to the no. I'm carrying it- you've gotta relax, boy." You chuckle, running off with his bag. A devilish smirk spreads across his face as your eyes open wide. "Don't even thi-" Before you could warn him, you were pinned to the floor by Light, hands captive above your head. He wiggled his eyebrows playfully, but you just tried to wriggle away in response. Laughter erupts from your lungs as his hands glide down your sides, tickling you. "S-Stop!" You scream, unable to control your laughter, chuckles escaping his lips. Lungs begging for breath, Light stops tickling you but laughing away himself with you. 

Your gaze locks with his, smiles still wide. Pink adorns his cheeks a little as he gets lost in your [E/C] orbs. Realizing what's going on he bites his lip, standing up before extending a hand to help you up. 

What just happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unlocking the door you sigh, jumping on the couch. "Ack!" You yelp as Light sits on your stomach.

"What?" He smirks.

"Get your fat butt off of me." You squirm under him. He chuckles, laying back on the couch. "Hey!"