Chp 1 - A Real Dream

I wrote this book when I was pretty young and bad at stories in general, so please know that he first couple chapters are very poorly written!

=============

Liu woke to the sound of his own heavy breathing. He looked around the room he was in, relived when he realise he was home in his own bedroom.

The door creaked opened, "umm, Liu? You awake?"

Liu rubbed his head vigorously while clutching his eyes tightly together. "Mhm, it was just a bad dream." Aunt Mariam brought her whole body into the room, looking more worried than before.

"You were mumbling and shouting in your sleep, do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm fine" Aunt Mariam walked up towards Liu's bed and sat at the edge of it.

"Was it about Jeffrey again?" Liu opened his eyes and furrowed his brows at his Aunt.

He launched himself up and threw his arms around her, "I want him back, I want my brother back... I'm scared Aunt Mariam." He said now crying. "Why out of all the people in this world did it happen to me... why me?"

She was a bit taken a back when Liu had practically launched himself at her, but she didn't hesitate to hug him back.

SHe stroked his hair in attempt to calm him. "Shhh, it's alright... I'm here"

~
Time went by slowly, Liu refused to get up and stubbornly decided to stay in bed. Despite Aunt Mariam's best of efforts, she could not get him out of bed. In the end she ended up giving up.

Liu was afraid to go to fall asleep, he didn't know if he was just being paranoid or this clown really was real, but either way he wasn't going to give in that easily.

Mariam had been by Liu's side to help him sleep for the past 3 hours. In the end, Aunt Mariam was fast asleep whilst Liu was still awake.

"Don't fall asleep..." he murmured to himself.

He dragged his phone from the bed side table towards his face. He knew continuing to stare at the ceiling wouldn't work.

He knocked in his password to his phone, to his surprise it didn't open. He did it again and again before he realised he had disabled his phone.

He groaned and placed his phone back onto the   nightstand next to him.

He rolled over to his side to face Aunt Mariam. He shot up quickly. Blood was oozing out of her mouth and she began to cough like crazy.

"Aunt Mariam?! Oh crap, oh crap!" He yelled "Don't worry I'll call 000, just hang on"

He reached towards his phone, he jumped. A bolt of electricity ran up his arm, immediately he had dropped his phone to the ground.

"What on earth..." he reached down to grab it again. He jumped yet again, as he felt electricity go up his arm.

He quickly scurried up off his bed "where's your cell phone..." he looked back at her, huge chunks of blood dropped out of her mouth. "Geezus... Geezus..." he muttered, jumping onto Aunt Mariam. "What do I do? Please answer me!!" He shook her, "please!" It was stupid to shake a old lady who was bleeding from her eyes, but Liu didn't know what to do.

The more he shook her the more of a headache he began to feel from the sight of her in such horrid state. He forced himself to stop when the headache got worse. He recognised this headache, he was mistaken.

He looked around the room and watched it slowly shift to a a circus tent. "It's just a dream Liu... she's not dead... she can't be."

"Oh trust me, it's much more real than a dream" He rolled him self off of his Aunt.

"It's a nightmare" Liu said.

"I guess you could call it that."

"Where are you?" Liu questioned. The white faced clown revealed himself at the bottom of the bed, merely poking his head above the bottom of the bed. Liu regretted his word choices.

"You look similar to your brother, yet you two act so unlike each other" He cackled a certain laugh only a mother could love. "It's adorable how you miss him, despite all the things he has done to you."

Liu looked down to his Aunt, "This isn't real, she's not dead."

"She's still alive, I'm not going to kill her yet." He laughed "that would be no fun."

"You're sick."

He stood up, revealing his tall and well built figure. "Last night you didn't have the balls to talk back to me, what changed?"

He attempted his best to avoid eye contact with the clown. He knew that the clown had easily the upper hand here, so it was best if he didn't stir anything up.

He chuckled yet again "Anyhow, you said you missed your brother yes?" He crawled over towards Liu on all fours, switching his body left and right just like a snake.

Liu backed up away from the clown before he had come in contact with the wall behind him. "You're just in my mind, playing tricks on me!" He hissed at the clown.

"Why is it that when you finally come up with a excuse as to why something is happening to you, you become so confident in yourself that you come to believe that your statement is true?"

"What do you mean... I don't do that" Liu said softly, as the clown's face beamed down at him.

He chuckled at Liu's innocence. "I think it's time you meet your brother, Liu."

And then it happened again, the last thing he saw was pitch black darkness. A familiar feeling.

Where was he now? He was no longer in his bed, bedroom or the circus tent but a completely different place.

It was dark, dusty and a old run downed apartment. The space around him etched of a horrible smell, that would not leave your nose.

He looked around. He pulled on his arms and legs trying to move. Nothing worked, he was strapped onto the wall by chains.

He looked around frantically "hello?" this wasn't how this nightmare thing should of worked, he should be home, in his bed, not wherever the heck he was now!

"How nice of you to join us... brother" a eerie smile appeared from the shadows. "I've been waiting a long time for your arrival."