Chp 10 - The Faceless Man

Liu had trouble sleeping that night. He was still recovering from his believed to be, dead Aunt. Not to mention, the kinda man that he so heartlessly murdered.

He tossed and turned for several hours. Sleep seemed to be impossible.

Though after many hours, he had finally fell into a deep sleep.

For a minute, everything was peaceful and Liu was finally relaxed. Only for a minute.

He woke up in a strange but familiar cabin. It was dark but still visible. He knew he recognised this place, but he couldn't quite place a finger on how he did.

There was the sound of glass shattering and the piercing wind howling at him.

He snapped his head over to the source of the sound. It was a shattered window.

"Who's there?"

We're dead. We're so god damn dead, Liu.

"We're fine." He spoke, not really even sure of himself.

The sound repeated yet again, but instead coming from behind him.

His head followed the source. But he was prevented from it by a tall slender figure.

His skin was pale white. It was as if his facials had no existence.

He was faceless.

The speed of Liu's heart quickened and he dropped to the floor, submissively. "What- what are you?"

The figure ignored his question. Not a single response. He just stood there, stone cold, perfect posture, relaxed and frightening.

His long and skinny fingers rose up in front of Liu's face. Slowly he reached out to his face.

Liu quickly jerked himself away from him.

This only angered the figure.

He grabbed Liu's shoulders and then turned his body to face him. He dug his long fingers into his shoulders, causing Liu to hell in pain. He didn't dare seperate his eyes from his face, it was as if he was hypnotic.

Let me out now. I can handle him.

Sully said sternly.

Liu hadn't allowed Sully out for a while, he was afraid if he did then he would never get back control.

The figure flinched. "You should do as he says." A voice that echoed from all around him was heard. He wasn't exactly sure where it came from.

He felt his eyes widen and begin to water.

"You're useless to me like this." The figure gave him a harsh shove, throwing him next to something both hard and soft.

Liu had finally broken free from his gaze.

He rubbed the back of his head, attempting to soothe a pounding headache he had got from the impact.

Once he completed doing so, his eyes were drawn to a certain photo that must have dropped from the shelf.

Taking a quick glance at the faceless man before leaning forward and picking it up.

He froze.

Suddenly everything was slightly more clearer.

He felt a shift come from behind him. It was the thing he had collided with. Or should we say, the man. That nameless man that Liu didn't even truely know. That innocent nameless man he had murdered.

He turned around. Only to see the mangled bloody mess of the undead man.

Isn't that piece of crap suppose to be dead?

"He is" Liu mumbled a response, a deep sense of surprise in his voice.

He was happy he was back, but to see him in this form. It made Liu feel a harsh pain in his heart.

"You did this." The little bit of happiness he had was soon washed away.

The undead man accusingly pointed at him. "You darn heartless boy."

Liu crawled away from him, trying his best to avoid him. "I'm not done yet boy!" He leaned forward, slamming himself into the floor. All to just grasp him with rotten hands, around his ankle in an attempt to stop him from leaving.

"You will pay."

"No!" Liu yelled, closing his eyes as if it would actually help.

That's it!

Sully suddenly took control.

He gathered up all his strength and used his free leg to kick his head. This impact caused his head to fly right off.

Both boys cringed at the sight.

Though Sully wasn't done.

He grabbed the hand that was wrapped around his ankle and popped his arm off.

"This is quite a lot of fun actually. But sadly I'm going to have to end this fun, otherwise mister party pooper will get mad." Sully teased.

With a single kick. Sully moved the rest of his bloody mess of his body to the side.

In a matter of seconds, Liu was back into control. "Thanks" he said shyly, knowing that without the help of him they wouldn't of gotten very far.

In a way, he was grateful.

But unfortunately he didn't get too much time to be thankful.

He felt a cold and icy finger slip into his shoulder wounds. He flinched, the pain was excruciating.

But he yet again had that feeling of compel. He didn't move. He couldn't. He was powerless.

"You are a monster."

His eyes widened.

"Auntie Mariam?"

The sound of the creaking floor boards rang in his ears.

The cause of this noise was no other than a young boy in a white hoodie. Accompanied with big blue eyes, brown hair and a perfect smile.

"You could of saved me Liu."

He frowned, knowing that what he said was half true. He couldn't work up a response though, the pain and the confusion was barely anything he could handle.

He crept closer to Liu. Kneeling down in front of him. A huge smirk plastered his face.

"But you didn't."

He pulled out a knife from his pocket and pressed it against his neck.

Auntie Mariam had finally set him free, causing him to slump slightly over. Despite the fact that he had a knife stuck to his throat, he felt more so settle.

He closed his eyes. Soaking in the pain and trying to stay strong.

He regretted doing so. Because now all that he saw in front of him was the infamous carved smile of Jeff the Killer. He was no longer the young and innocent boy. He was a murderer.

"Look at what you did, Liu."