Chp 8 - Insanity in his head

2 weeks later

Liu sat on the lonely couch, the other proxies surrounding him. Though none of them seemed bothered by him, most of them were too interested in their own conversations with each other to care.

He kicked the carpet and rolled it back and forth. He was in a trance, totally oblivious to what was going around him. He didn't even notice his brother and the infamous 'Jackass' tackling in front of him.

Well that is, before the two rammed their heads into his legs, crushing the table an knocking a few glasses off. "Ouch! What the fuck!" Liu yelled as he let out an unexpected sudden outburst.

Both of them halted to a stop. Jeff gave a shove, strong enough to push Jack away but not hurt him. EJ grunted loudly.

Jeff chuckled, "Sorry" he looked down at Liu who was rubbing his already bruised knee "A few more bruises wouldn't hurt." He smirked.

Liu simply rolled his eyes, he was fed up with his brother.

EJ folded his arms. "Maybe next time you should move out the way." The way he said it made Liu feel angry, it reminded him of a tone of a fake person who was pretending to be nice, but intentions were different.

Liu mocked both his posture and tone, "Maybe next time you should run before I fucking murder you" he growled.

Jeff stuck his hand in his mouth and gave a soft gasp. Laughing loudly at his brother's words as he looked back and forth at them frantically.

EJ squinted his eye sockets and clenched his fists. He was clearly angered. Liu grinned as the two looked eye contact.

There was a deadly silence between the two, that lasted for what felt like hours.

Jeff quickly interrupted this moment. He placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. "I don't mean to interrupt the fun, but I'm going to steal Liu for a little while."

EJ pauses for a second. He lifted up his mask so he was just revealing his skinny mouth. "We're not done" he smirked before whipping out a kidney from his pocket. Taking a large bite from it as he spun around and walked off.

Liu shivered. He pretended not to be scared of Jack, but he really was, simply terrified.

As EJ left, Jeff quickly stepped into the position EJ was once in. "Where did that come from?" He cocked an eyebrow up at his brother.

He rubbed the back of his neck and gave him an awkward smile, allowing a loose strand of his brown hair to flop in front of his face. "What do you mean?"

"I've never heard that much sass come out of your quiet mouth before" he laughed at just the thought.

Liu frowned. Jeff was right, he had never shown that level of hostility in his voice before, not even in the most devastating situation.

"Liu" He places both of his hands on his shoulders and looked him dead on. "Ever since you took your first life, you've been turning into a total badass... and I fucking love it"

Liu's eyes widened, not really sure what to think of his brother's words. "I'm not- t-thanks, I guess" Jeff smiled.

"I can make you brother proud of you" Liu snapped his head around, looking for the source of the voice that snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Who said that?" He spun his head around.

Jeff shook him, bringing Liu's attention back to him. "You've also become really fucking psycho" he chuckled.

Liu smiled awkwardly at his brother "I swear I heard someone" he murmured.

'You did'

"There! Again, didn't you hear it?" He pushed Jeff away and turned around in a small circle as he searched for the voice.

Jeff chuckled hysterically, Liu halted in his step as he turned to face Jeff. "What's so funny?" He looked over to the other proxies. "I swear if it's one of you guys fucking with me" Liu raised his voice snatching the attention of the other proxies.

Each and everyone of them stared at him, sharing the same confused expression.

Liu pulled back in frustration, letting go of his already clenched fists. He had realised one thing.

"I've gone insane, just like you."