Chp 11 - Comfort

Liu woke up in his bed to his own heavy heart beat. A pile of sweat dripped off his head.

He wiped it away. He looked around his surroundings. He wasn't in the cabin anymore. He was safe.

Or was he really? He wasn't sure anymore.

Once he felt that he was reasonably safe, he flipped over. Hiding his head in his pillow. Letting go of his emotions.

A few stray tears left his eyes. He was filled with guilt.

Man up.

The sound of that annoying voice made Liu ball out his eyes even further.

He managed to keep everything together till now. It all just built up on him, then exploded.

Why was this happening to him? What did he do to deserve this, he questioned himself.

Knock, knock, knock.

Liu perked his head up, he was surprised to hear that someone had knocked. For one, he never got visitors. Two, no one knocks nowadays.

"Who's there?" He called out, before returning to hide his face into his pillow.

"The best psycho killer brother ever."

Liu grunted. "Go away."

There was a moment of silence before the door was forcefully opened. Maybe it would of been a good idea for a lock.

"You've been in your bedroom all day."

Liu sat up to look at him, his gaze shifted to his clock that laid next to his bed. It read 6:02. He knew it was definitely not morning though.

"Oh."

There was yet another pause of silence. This time it seemed to etch on for a longer period of time.

"You look like crap." Jeff said, breaking the tension.

"I feel like crap as well." He rubbed his head, stealthily wiping away a few tears while he was at it.

"Is something wrong?" Jeff asked. Was he really that easy to read?

Don't tell him, he obviously doesn't actually care.

Liu looked down to the floor. "What do I say?"

He frowned then rolled out of his bed. "Yes. There is." He pursed his lips and frowned. A hint of hesitation in his voice.

"Ever since you turned into that" he gestured towards him. "That's what's wrong, Jeffrey."

A single tear escaped his eye.

Jeff gritted his teeth at the mention of his full name. He walked towards him, obvious anger in his steps. "Clearly you haven't learnt a thing."

"Don't you call me Jeffrey again or else I'll - Are you crying?" Jeff stumbled backwards, stunned by Liu's watery and red poofy eyes.

Liu frowned. He hated to admit it. But that dream had broken him.

In a matter of seconds, Liu had wrapped his arms around his brother. Tightly hugging him. "I'm sorry." He said through small sniffles.

Liu?! What are you doing? Back away, now.

He tried his best to ease out Sully's voice.

Don't ignore me!

He ignored him.

Both brothers seemed to be shocked by Liu's sudden action. Liu was even surprised that he even could hug such a cold hearted murderer. But he had always followed the excuse and exception that they were brothers.

Though. what was more shocking was that Jeff actually showed back that level of affection. He returned the big hug.

Jeff was warm. But he knew that under all that, he was cold hearted. Or was he wrong? Maybe that was just Sully putting thoughts into his head. He had lost all sense of control.

"It's fine, Liu." He said, patting his brother's head.

Jeff paused for a second. "You've been so strong Liu. What made you break down now?"

Liu didn't respond. He needed this hug. He didn't want it to go to waste.

Jeff let out a loud grunt. He pushed Liu off of him and held him firmly by the shoulders. "Liu. You need to talk to me."

Liu frowned. His brother was so stubborn. He knew he wasn't going to get away with not answering his question.

"It was just another dream."

"What?" He gritted his teeth. "I told that Jackass to stop it. How dare he not listen to me."

He cares. He really does care.

No he doesn't.

Liu shook his head, snapping himself back to reality. "No it wasn't Jack. It was something else. It wasn't human. It wore a suit and it was tall. It was like it had n-"

"-No face?" Jeff said, cutting him off mid sentence. Liu nodded.

Jeff gritted his teeth even harder than before. He swore that he could hear the grinding of it.

"That bastard." He unexpectedly gripped Liu's shoulders tighter. Liu let out a soft shriek.

"Jeff. You need to calm down." He placed his hands on both his arms. "You're kinda hurting me." He said, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"I don't care" he snapped at him. He had finally removed his hands from his shoulders, instead grasping at his wrist. Yanking him out the room.

Liu squirmed. "Jeff!" He yelled as he stumbled up the stairs after him. Jeff ignored him.

This is all your fault Liu.

"Jeff please, you're being irrational. Where are you taking me anyways?"

At last, Jeff had stopped his rush. He turned to Liu with a terrifying smile on his face. "You're about to meet the master."

Liu gulped.

"And I'm about to kick his ass."