Chp 14 - Eyeless Jack

Chains. This had all been too familiar. His hands had been pinned to the wall and his wrists were aching from the metal strapped tightly around it. He was covered in bruises, bandages and scratches. Though it was nothing he hadn't felt before.

He slowly lifted up his head. Scanning his surroundings. He was in some sort of surgery room.

The only thing he could hear was the sound of distant footsteps making their way to the room. He wasn't dead, that was a good thing. Though he definitely didn't want to speak too soon.

From outside the door he noticed a small light that made its way to the door. He drew in a deep breath.

The door clicked and suddenly swung open. A boy that was fully dressed in black had just walked in. He had a flashlight in his hand.

He didn't seem to notice Liu at first.

It was hard to tell who he was, but once he had lifted the flashlight to his face. Liu had felt his heart skip a beat.

Those black oozing eyes. Those pointed teeth and those sharp claws. How could he mistake him for anyone else. It was Eyeless Jack.

The flashlight beamed in Liu's face, causing him to jerk slightly and move his head.

"Damn. You're alive."

Don't do anything foolish. That was the last thing Sully had said before everything began to happen.

He walked up closer to Liu and set down the flashlight on a nearby kidney tray. He perked his head up at him, a smirk stretched its way across his face. He couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle.

"Nothing to say? What a shame, last time you had quite a bit to say."

Liu frowned. He knew exactly what he was referring to. It was the day that Sully had made his first appearance. It had to of been. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

Jack raised his eyebrows as if gesturing that he didn't believe in his apology.

He dug into his pocket and then pulled out a scalpel. Tapping it against the tray. "I don't know if I can believe you."

"I was going through a lot at the time." Liu tried to reason. He looked down at the scalpel, a few nerves had traveled up him, but he tried his best to push the feeling away.

"That's understandable. You've been through a lot, even more than most of us." He said, seemingly sincere.

Liu stared at him, sort of shocked by his ability to actually be sympathetic.

"Yet you're still in a way, slightly sane." He laughed. That same nauseous grin had creeped up onto his face again. "It's weird. Yet so intriguing."

Liu didn't respond. Even if he did. What could he say?

Jack scooted closer to him. Pulling his scalpel up to his stomach. "Maybe I could help with that."

He trailed his scalpel down to his lower stomach. He lifted up his shirt and grabbed the flashlight. "What the - what are you doing?" Liu said, panic in his voice.

He shoved the flashlight into Liu's right hand. "I'd suggest you hold that still, otherwise it may be more painful if I can't see."

Liu began to slightly kick his feet around but was quickly stopped by an arm that pressed down onto his legs. He continued to squirm. "Hold still." He murmured.

"You can't even see anyways! Why does it matter?" Liu barked.

Jack paused.

"I'm going to make it even more painful now because of that comment." He growled before pressing the scalpel into his skin.

Liu stopped squirming, there wasn't any point in trying anymore. He could only clutch his teeth and shut his eyes as Jack cut open a deep wound.

His eyes fluttered open once he felt something large travel into his wound. He looked down. He just stuck his hand into him.

"Jack! What the hell - stop!" He squirmed yet again. Groaning in pain as he started to shift his hand left and right, as if searching for something.

"You were doing so well Liu." He frowned. It was then he had finally felt a part of him was missing, and I mean this literally. "Close your eyes Liu."

Jack began to wriggle his hand out. Leaving Liu with a weird and painful tingling. He quickly shut his eyes, knowing that it was probably for the better.

He heard the sound of a zip lock bag open. "Keep them closed." Then he heard the satisfying sound of it closing and finally the shuffling noise as he put it into his pocket.

"You can open them now." Liu did as he said. "See, it wasn't that bad. Now was it?"

"I think I'm about to throw up." Liu admitted, not daring to look down at his wound as he was totally convinced that he would actually.

Jack smiled. "Don't worry that's only the worse part, now let me stitch you up."

Great. Stitches, just what he needed. More stitches. Jack revealed a needle and a old piece of string that were joined together. Here we go, again.

Liu was use to stitches. He had to get so many that he had grown use to it, heck, he's even learnt how to do his own stitches. Though it would be a lie if he said they didn't still hurt, because they sure did.

As Jack did so, Liu allowed his mind to wonder. "Hey, Jack. What happened while Sully was in control?"

He had noticed that his mind had felt too quiet and peaceful lately. It was as if Sully had completely numbed out.

"You don't remember a thing do you.Where do I even start?" He sighed. "He's been in control for a whole week now. Him and Jeff nearly killed each other. He went on a killing spree and disappeared for 3 days before returning, he was a real handful. If I had to be honest, I think I would prefer you over him, and that says a lot." He tapped his chin. "That about sums it up."

"Really?" He said, more so asking his inner self. Though he didn't reply. Before Liu could interrogate him any further he had heard the sound of distant footsteps yet again.

What was it now?