Chp 4 - Chasies

Jeff had lead Liu to a small room, maybe the size of an average bathroom.

There was a single pre made bed that took up most of the room. A pile of dirty clothes sat next to it underneath an uneven window. Liu was curious as to owed them but at the same time he didn't want to know.

"You're only allowed to leave your bedroom when I'm with you, ok?" Jeff said whilst twirling his knife around his fingers and leaning on the doorframe. His eyes were focused on the floor he didn't dare look at Liu in the eyes.

Liu nodded. "I'll come check on you in an hour" Jeff gazed at Liu who was now settling down in his rock hard bed

Jeff grasped his hand around the doorknob pulling the door in. Liu quickly shot his eyes at Jeff as if he didn't want his brother to leave, he felt safer with his brother's presence though he knew that either way he was going to be alone in his fight to survive and escape.

"Wait" Liu said, causing Jeff to stop in his tracks. Memories of last night flashed in his mind, the only thing he could think of was his Auntie. "What ever happened to Aunt Mariam?"

"She's in Toby's care."

"Toby? Who's Toby? What is he going to do to her?" He sprung up and ran towards the door "Please don't let him hurt her."

Jeffrey smiled at him, "Toby will do whatever he wants to her" he pulled the door shut.

"Jeffrey!" His voice cracked. Liu banged his fist on the door frantically. After that followed a click from the door, Jeff had locked the door.

Liu crawled onto his bed. Surely he wouldn't hurt her, she was his Auntie. He attempted to reassure himself.  Though deep inside he knew she was in much more danger than him.

Liu's gaze fell upon the window. A million questions seemed to struck him in that very moment.

He was much more worried about Aunt Mariam than anyone else at the moment. Maybe this was just a indicator that he couldn't have both Aunt Mariam and Jeffrey back. It was one or the other.

"They're killers not friends" Liu muttered to himself. He sprung back off his bed and ran towards the door. Now certain with what he had to do.

"I can't stay, I must get out of here."

He viciously shook the door knob. He stopped, obviously by shaking the door knob it wouldn't help. He took a step back and rammed himself into the door.

His body was too limp to even make it budge. This caused his body to sink to the floor. He cussed.

He looked up from the position he was in. It was the small uneven window. "Escape first, then you come back to save her" he told himself.

He looked over to the bed, the wooden border was decaying. He ran towards it and pulled off a loose part of wood, it was spiky at both ends and rigged which made it easy for it to give him a splinter.

He climbed yet again back onto the bed and stood on it so he was now able to see out the window. "What do I do?" He muttered as if he was expecting an answer from someone.

After a few seconds he managed to fully take in what was going on.

He clutched the wooden stick in his hand to the point where he felt it had sunk into his skin. He pulled his arm up ready to bang it against the glass and shatter it to a million pieces.

"Where do I go" he muttered "I have no where to go, no plan, no anything" the only thing in his mind was to escape.

He snapped out of thoughts when he heard a click from the door. It was almost like at that very moment he wasn't in control of his own body and its actions anymore.

He smashed the glass window and quickly turned to face the door as a angry Jeff stepped in, "What the fuck do you think you're doing? I left for just fucking 15 minutes."

Liu growled, and I mean like actually growled, like a angry dog wooo scary ay.

Liu launched himself at Jeff causing him to tumble backwards, plunging the wooden stick into Jeff's side leg. "Shit" Jeff muttered as Liu scurried away from him.

Jeff clutched onto the wooden stick and removed it carelessly from his side. He then stood up to face his little brother, Liu. "I'll make you pay for that, you little shit." He tightened his grip around the wooden stick till it popped and turned into dust and tiny sticks.

Liu jumped up onto the bed and hissed at him. Jeff stopped and gave off a huge chuckle, letting Liu have time to attempt to climb out the window, stumbling at least 10 times he had finally made it up on the ledge where glass used to be.

"This is actually kind of fun" Jeff smiled, "it's just like the old days where we used to play chasies."

Liu had tumbled down to the grass floor as he finally had gotten out of the window. Quickly regaining himself as he began sprinting faster than ever before straight ahead.

"I think you've forgotten that I always win in games like these~"