Chapter 11

Jungkook glances up from his feet, gawking at the slightly smaller boy that now stood in front of him. He was shocked at first to see the ruby haired male here since he didn't think he would run into him anytime soon.

"It's Jungkook." He mutters, realising that the other still didn't know his name and just referred to him as 'new kid.' Taehyung felt bad, thinking that he must have come across as rude.

"I'm Taehyung," he gives the older a weakened smile. "How's your eye?" He asks, moving in close to inspect Jungkook's dark orb once again. The brunette felt uncomfortable with the sudden gesture, feeling that the younger was invading too much of his personal space.

"Fine." He grumbles, causing Taehyung to back off. "Oh, that's good then." Taehyung whispers. He felt awful for making Jungkook feel uneasy. He was in two minds whether to just leave and go home or not but he felt like that would be such a cowardly thing to do. He had yet to get a job and if it meant staying out all night then he was prepared to do so.

Taehyung lets out a rugged sigh that he didn't know he was holding onto. Jungkook caught onto this, raising one brow at the boy, "what crawled up your ass?"

The red head was taken back by Jungkook's choice of words, choking on his saliva slightly to the point he couldn't breathe properly. "W-what?! Excuse me?! Nothing crawled up my ass!" He squeaks, covering the roundness of his bum with his hands.

Jungkook stared at him for a few seconds before bursting out into a fit of laughter. Taehyung felt his cheeks turn a shade of red, the exact same colour as his hair when he heard Jungkook laughing. 'He's mocking me.' He thought sadly, 'he's just like everyone else.'

The older wipes away a fallen tear that had rolled down his cheek due to his hysterics. "Oh God, you're funny kid." He smiles, a genuine smile at that.

Taehyung froze up, his heart melting at the sight of the older. How his honey coloured hair peeked out from underneath his burgundy hoodie. How his eyes had small crinkles that showed whenever he was laughing or smiling. How his big doe eyes that often had a cold glare in them were turning into slits that almost disappear. His lips were curved upwards, showing off his teeth.

His whole face lit up and Taehyung knew that Jungkook looked at his most beautifulness when he smiles.

The brunette eventually realises what he is doing, covering up his smile with a smirk. "So? What are you doing out? Waiting for your girlfriend?" He teases. Jungkook didn't mean for his words to come out harsher than they did which made Taehyung frown, "I'm gay."

"Oh." Jungkook was taken back but then again, he remembered Namjoon asking him to write homophobic slurs so he shouldn't be surprised. "Yeah..." Taehyung awkwardly states, leaning from foot to foot to keep his balance up.

It grew silent between the two till Taehyung asks, "so...do you like it here?" The light brunette raises a brow, "what sort of a stupid question is that?" He grumbles, making the smaller junior cower slightly. He feels bad when Taehyung mumbling a soft, "sorry."

The older sighs with over exaggeration, loudly breathing out through his nose before mutter, "I hate it here."

The younger frowns, not understanding why Jungkook could hate this town. Besides everyone being mean and judging him, Taehyung found the town's scenery to be quite peaceful. "Oh, did you not want to move here?" He tilts his head to the side, his face reminding Jungkook of a lost puppy. The light brown headed male felt the urge to pinch Taehyung's cheeks but reframed himself. He didn't want the other to think he was a big softie.

"Of course not!" He scoffs, glaring at Taehyung whom in return, stares at the ground to avoid eye contact. "Well..." Taehyung trails off, "I hope you come to like this town soon." He whispers, faintly looking up to show the taller boy a genuine smile.

Jungkook was at a lost for words and by the way his heart was thumping against his rip cage showed just how surprised he was to see the smaller's smile.

The caramel haired boy shakes his head, watching while the other saunters away with a grin and a wave of his hand. "See you later, Jungkook!" He shouts before turning round, his back now facing the taller.

Jungkook reaches his hand up to his chest, pressing down on the area where his heart sat still hammering loudly to the point he could hear it ringing in his ears.

'What a strange guy...'
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
"Taehyung!? Honey, where were you?!" The scarlet haired boy hears his grandma calling on him from the kitchen. Taehyung panics, quickly making his way to the foot of the stairs. He wasn't prepared to meet with either one of his family members, not yet. Not until his cheek was clear and he had a new job.

"Taehyungie!" A smaller, more child like voice cries out as he hears light pattering of tiny footsteps inching closer to where he stood.

Taehyung freaks, sprinting up the stairs and locking his bedroom door behind him so that neither his grandma nor his brother could enter. He heaves, his back pressed against the wood while he slides slowly down until his bottom hits the grey carpeted flooring.

Tae-joon pouts once he reaches the staircase to find it completely empty. "Hyung?" He questions aloud, expecting his older brother to reply.

"Taehyung needs some rest, sweetie." The 4 year old turns to find his grandma standing in a cream cardigan, some light brown pants and a sky blue tee. Her greying hair was short and hung around her face, captivating her ageing facial features.

"Nana!" Tae-joon yells, running into his caregiver's arms. "Taetae is hiding!" His lower lip pours out from his upper while he buries his face into his grandma's pants.

"Nonsense Tae-joon! Taehyung just needs some rest. High school can be a very tiring place." She states to the younger but couldn't help but grow suspicious about Taehyung's odd behaviour that had been going on for over a year now.

She cared deeply for both of her grandsons but was especially protective of Taehyung. All the gossiping that goes on around town disgusts the older woman. She hated the thought of people blaming Taehyung for his parents death, he wasn't a murderer...but that was how others saw him.

The elderly woman continued to rub Tae-joon's back while her eyes roam to the top of the stairs. 'I wish you would be more honest and open with me, Taehyung. Please don't keep all your problems to yourself, let us help you.'

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Author's Note

I'm loving Taehyung's little fam already.😍👏🏻

Please vote ✨
Comment 💬
And follow ❤️