Chapter 25

Wandering down the corridor, Jimin allowed an exaggerated sigh to flee his lips. He was in the midst of making his way towards his class when an unexpected - and quite frankly much larger body collides with his, causing the books in his hands to tumble.

"Watch it!" He snaps, peering up just in time to see a tuff of dark black hair followed by the blazing glare from which belonged to Kim Namjoon.

"What did you say, you little rich punk?!" Namjoon grunts at the smaller, a look of disgust morphing upon his face at the mere sight of the rich kid.

This stirred a sense of annoyance in Jimin's stomach as he grits his teeth. "More like you should watch it, fuckface!"

Of course anyone who even dared to stand up to Namjoon immediately pissed him off. He clenched his fists, getting himself ready to beat Jimin to a pulp.

Jimin too, bared a sneering glower, having barely caught much sleep from the night prior after all the late-night studying he had been doing in order to keep up with his grades.

It was the same every year when the town's beloved festival came around. And every year it caused the same reaction to commence in Jimin.

Snappy, moody, distant, the signs were all there.

Yet, he never seemed to ever cross Namjoon in this state, well not till today at least.

Namjoon smirked upon recognising the sheer expression of rage crossing Jimin's face. He took a step forward, all up in the other's personal space just to prove a point that he was superior to Jimin in both height, size and age.

However, it didn't seem to make Jimin back down. He puffed out his chest, trying to look tough, though, it was a little hard due to his much smaller frame compared to Namjoon's.

"Acting tough now, are you Park?" Namjoon snickers as he gives Jimin a hard shove in the shoulder.

Jimin stood his ground, barely moving an inch as he raises his balled-up fist in a quick like manner, ready to strike the other.

Although his knuckles didn't exactly meet with Namjoon's cheek but instead with a clasped hand that covered his. Upon realising this unexpected move, a flash of surprise crossed Jimin's eyes as he looked up towards the culprit that now stood between him and an equally stunned Namjoon.

Although, the senior's expression almost promptly turned to immediate amusement. "Sticking up for the rich bitch I see." He sneers while looking on at a calm Jungkook.

Jimin on the other hand was anything but calm as he awkwardly began to retrieve his hand back from Jungkook's grasp.

But Jungkook wasn't exactly cooperative in the slightest, holding on tighter to the elder's fist.

Jungkook's gaze remained only on Jimin, almost securing him in his place. He didn't utter a word, just simply gawked.

And then...

"Well ladies, great performance you've put on for us today but its time that we got going!" Jungkook announces with that infamous grin on his lips.

Jimin couldn't speak, he was still in a daze over the fact that it was Jungkook who was the one to swoop in and stop him from almost getting into a fist fight with the school bully.

"You can't seriously be cutting in now, Jeon?" Namjoon intervenes when Jungkook turns to walk Jimin away from the quarrel that had obviously not been resolved quite yet. Well in Namjoon's eyes it hasn't anyway.

Of course Jungkook chooses to ignore his so called "friend" and instead continues sauntering away like nothing even happened.

Once they were a clear distance away from Namjoon, Jimin finally decides to pipe up, becoming aware of the conflict that had only arise moments ago.

"What? What the hell are you doing?!" He lashes out, once more attempting to rip his hand away from Jungkook.

Yet, Jungkook held on tight, yanking the angered blondie down the hallway which in turn caused curious eyes to fall upon them but neither of them seemed to care.

"We all know how much your stupid grades mean to you." Jungkook began, shifting his gaze back to stare at the confused older.

"What?"

"And because of that," Jungkook proceeds on, completely ignoring Jimin's oblivious comment.

He paused suddenly, standing directly in front of a classroom as the blaring echo of the school bell rings throughout the corridors.

"We can't have you being late to class now, can we?" There was a teasing tone in his voice, an evident expression of pleasure bearing upon his lips.

Jimin was astonished by Jungkook's words, dumbstruck as to why he would even do something like stop him from fighting.

"I...uh..." he mumbled under his breath, too bewildered to speak properly.

"Well, see ya." Jungkook finally releases Jimin's hand and gives him a firm slap on the back before wandering off, leaving behind a confound Jimin.
.
.
.
Taehyung's eyes repeatedly flickered from the board ahead to his notebook on the desk. He was speedily attempting to keep up with the rest of the overly stressed students as his teacher wrote down some notes for the class at a ridiculously fast pace.

He was struggling to concentrate, having images of Sunday flashing through his mind. It made him smile with glee when remembering how sweet Jungkook was to not only him but to Taejoon too.

He didn't even realise that he had stopped taking notes and was now just simply grinning while staring off into space.

Taehyung partly didn't want to keep getting so excited at the thought of Jungkook, especially after seeing that lipstick stain on his neck the other week. He never fully found out who nor when it was given to Jungkook but he knew he didn't want to know either way.

It only seemed to crush him and he wasn't sure why.

And then there was Jimin.

Taehyung felt heartache for the older after the exposure of Jimin and Hoseok's past relationship was brought to light. It came as a shock of course, but it didn't change how Taehyung still saw the pair. He still trusted and loved them as the friends that he's always known.

"Taehyung!"

He immediately flinches in his seat, darting his once dazed eyes at his clearly unimpressed teacher that stood afore him.

His open lipped, surprised expression instantly gave the teacher indication that he was not paying attention.

"Please do tell us what is far more important than learning how to do percentages!" She barks, the very tip of her shoe tapping violently against the ground as she waited.

Taehyung bared frightful eyes, he knew he couldn't speak the truth.

"I...umm-" his gaze flickered away from the teacher to instead, his curious classmates that either shared puzzling faces or plain annoyance.

Of course this didn't settle well with Miss Cha as she promptly cuts the young male off. "-I don't want to hear it."

That made Taehyung finally close his lips with despair.

"Report to detention after school today." She murmurs before walking away, clearly showing less interest in him now.

Taehyung slumped back in his chair, his shoulders heavy as he comes to terms that he wouldn't be able to wriggle his way out of this one.