Chapter 31

Taehyung couldn't prevent himself from thinking about what happened today at lunch. The way Jungkook had been staring at that girl the whole time while he sat there obliviously. He couldn't deny it; a definite pang of despair shaped his heart that made him feel sick. He didn't want to admit it, but he was afraid he might have caught feelings for Jungkook. It wasn't easy to accept since there was also another lurking in Taehyung's heart.

Jimin.

Yes, Taehyung had to confess that he may like the two boys more than he wanted to let on.

'Surely I only see them as friends, right? I mean, you can't possibly like two people simultaneously? Can you?' He pondered for a good minute, becoming sidetracked in his original task - sweeping the floor.

"What has you all lost in dreamland there, boy?" Mr Yeun questions from behind the counter.

The shack was quiet today, only making the hours tick by slower, yet Taehyung didn't mind.

"Sorry, Sir." Taehyung murmurs, straightening his stance before returning to sweeping the ground.

Mr Yeun stared at him for a moment. He hadn't said anything about Taehyung's day off due to detention, and he would like to keep it that way. Though, Mr Yeun couldn't deny that Taehyung has been acting a little odd lately.

Taehyung was just glad he got off with a warning. He sighed internally before wandering into the back to place the broom away.

The ding of the door's bell chimes as someone comes plodding inside. Jimin glanced around the shack in search of Taehyung as he wanted to apologise to the younger for not seeing him today. He didn't want to make Taehyung think he was avoiding him and wanted to ask Taehyung if he would like to accompany him to the carnival. He had never seen the younger come to any of the town's events before, but then Jimin couldn't remember ever noticing Taehyung till that faithful day. The day he could never forget.

Sharp sniffing fled from Jimin as he sat slumped over, leaning against the fence. It was a bleak day with no one in sight. He wasn't quite sure why he came to the beach, but it seemed the fitting place to go to cry. It was already early evening, and Jimin was aware he needed to be home soon; otherwise, his parents would no doubt phone him asking where he was. Jimin knew he would break, resulting in explaining why he was so upset in the first place.

Today, Hoseok had decided to call their relationship quits. Jimin was dumbfounded. Of course, he was; he thought their relationship was doing fine after all this time.

A heavy pressure seeps over his heart as he slumps even further when realising he isn't sure what to do next. How does he move on from this? How should he act if he sees Hoseok in the hallways? Does he say hello or scurry away like a scared cockroach?

He was flustered and loaded with frustration, tugging at his dark hair.

"Are you alright?" A voice spoke from above, immediately causing Jimin to flinch. He peers up to find an unfamiliar face looking back at him.

He froze, embarrassed that someone had caught him in the middle of his misery. This person had seen him at his weakest and could know of him, which was not good for Jimin's reputation. But upon further inspection, he realised that the boy in front of him was someone unknown to him, so he relaxed a little. Jimin first noticed the boy's bright red locks shining prettily in the sunlight. Next, he inspected the look of sheer concern etched upon the other's face. It caused Jimin to fall speechless afore this beautiful stranger.

The other had noticed the tears overlaying Jimin's eyes as he searched his pockets. "Hold on. I've got a packet of tissues somewhere."

He then pulls out the small packet, takes one of the white tissues and hands it to Jimin, who takes it with a "thank you." Jimin begins to pat his tears away, sniffling once more as he attempts to clean himself up.