Chapter 28

"Jungkook, I don't know about this." Jimin spoke with uncertainly as he gazed over at the shop.

Jungkook smirks gleefully at Jimin, "come on! it'll be fun!"

He half expected Jimin to wriggling himself out of the plan but he wasn't going to take no for an answer. To keep him from escaping, Jungkook clutched Jimin's wrist within his rough hand and dragged him inside the store.

For a second, Jungkook couldn't focus on anything but how slender Jimin's wrist felt.

"I can't do this!" Jimin murmurs lowly, looking around at the undisturbed customers while Jungkook drags him further into the store and down a random isle.

"Sounds like someone's still acting like a little chicken!"

"Little?!" Jimin snaps, insulted by the other's choice of words. He snatches his arm back from his companion's grasp, shooting the most meanest glare he could muster.

He didn't want to admit it but Jungkook could definitely get under his skin at times which only caused him to do the most stupidest of things.

"Fine! You want me to steal something! I'll do it!" He whisper-yells so that no one hears them.

Jungkook's lips curve as he steps back, allowing Jimin to steal whatever he pleases.

Jimin searched up and down the isle for a good minute or so, debating on what he could steal without feeling any guilt.

He decided on taking a bottle of water from the fridge and carefully stuffs it inside his denim jacket, under his arm.

Jungkook rolled his eyes at how ridiculous Jimin looks but just follows behind him as they make their way back towards the main door.

Sweat was collecting on Jimin's back causing his t-shirt to stick to him. He was nervous, there was no denying that. Yet, a strange sensation of excitement began pumping through his veins as he speedily tries to get the hell out of there as fast as possible.

He was close now, only a few steps away from the door.

Jimin reached out to open the door but unexpectedly, a random woman appears from nowhere on the opposite side of the door, knocking his arm that had been holding the bottle.

The bottle fell with a loud smack, rolling across the floor while Jimin's eyes widen. He was in shock, baffled that he had just been caught.

"Oh my!" The unnamed woman gasps.

"Quick!" Jungkook barks from behind, causing Jimin to snap back into reality as an employee rounds the corner to check what all the commotion was about.

Jimin crouches down, picking up the water before returning upright. Jungkook runs up next to him, yanking on his wrist as they break out into a sprint, out of the shop and down the street. They ran past the confused public, past all the other stores and shops and down into a small pathway that led to the local park. Only then, once within a decent distance from the shop did they slow down. Both were heaving aggressively, leaning on their knees to catch their breaths.

"That.Was..." Jimin attempts to get his words out, wheezing painfully to the point a stitch was forming in his side.

Jungkook smirk, panting along with him.

"Stupid? Scary?"

"Awesome!" Jimin chimes gleefully.

Jungkook couldn't hide his brief surprise. He was so sure Jimin would start complaining the second they were alone.

"Oh my God! I can't believe I did that!" Jimin was bouncing up and down like an excited child, the bottled water still tightly in his hand.

"I haven't felt this kind of excitement ever! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Without thinking, Jimin yanks on Jungkook's hoodie, pulling him down and lays a single peck against Jungkook's lips.

Jungkook's eyes double.

Jimin's eyes double.

Neither one could believe what had just happened.

"Did you just..." Jungkook slowly mumbles, moving back a little which in turn caused Jimin to release the hold he had on the boy's hoodie, the bottled water dropped in the heat of shock.

Jimin was feeling a mixture of confusion and bewilderment, he couldn't understand why he thoughtlessly kissed Jungkook. Jungkook! Of all people! Jimin was sure he likes Taehyung not Jungkook.

"I'm sorry," he murmurs, "I don't know what came over me."

The tension was high between the two, only making things all the more awkward.

Jungkook was aware he could tease the other but for once, he didn't.

Instead, he smiles but not his usual smile that mocked others annoyingly. This smile was genuine, one people don't normally see.

"It was the heat of the moment, I get it." He brushes the situation off which in turn lifted the weights from Jimin's shoulders.

"Yeah, you're right. It was all just the heat of the moment."