Chapter 30

"You think you can escape me, Jungkook?" spoke the chilling voice within the darkness.

"What?" Jungkook blurts as he aimlessly attempts to search for whatever it is that lurked in the isolating gloom.

"You think you can just forget about me. Forget what happened, can you?"

"Stop!" Jungkook stutters, "you can't scare me anymore!" He cries out as he shakily clutches at his hair, vulnerably curling himself up into a ball. But the smirk on the other's face only grew in size.

"You'll never be able to forget about me, Jungkook."

The darkness that surrounded them then morphed to a bleak and breezy rooftop.

The figure lunges at Jungkook, pushing him roughly as the back of his head meets the ground, causing Jungkook's vision to blur.

But for that split second however, through cloudy eyes, Jungkook could faintly make out the familiar face that has been haunting his dreams.

The figure then picks Jungkook up by the throat with incredible strength that any regular human could never obtain and throws him up against the railing fence that detained people from falling over the edge.

"You'll never forget me! You'll never forget me! You'll never forget me!" They chant while their grip tightens around Jungkook's neck, choking him as he desperately tries to free himself from suffocating.

"Never. Never. Never. Never." With a final last grin that could only be best described as demonic, the figure lets go of Jungkook with a hard shove, allowing him to fall to his death, the barrier now long gone.

"NEVER!"

"Never!" Jungkook screams as he wakens from his nightmare. He was drenched in sweat and had fallen from his bed onto the floor. His legs were tangled in his sheets and between his legs were soaked and smelling of urine.

'Shit! Not this again.' He thought, rubbing at his eyes tiredly.

He got up from the floor, picking up his phone in the process as he checks the time.

06:23am

'Might as well wake up now,' he placed his phone back down on the dresser and grabbed some fresh clothes.

He showered then dressed himself. After, he stuffed his bedding into the washing machine. It wasn't the first time he had wet himself during a nightmare and he had hoped that it would've stopped after the move.

'Guess not.' He bitterly thought as he glances at his reflection. Tired bags; black and noticeable caught his gaze immediately, followed by the dullness of his skin.

Jungkook exited out into the humid air. It was a pretty decent morning, the sky was a faint blue and the sun was gradually climbing to its position in the sky. Pulling out a packet of cigarettes from his sweatpants' pocket, he draws one out and locks it between his teeth. He searches his hoodie pouch, looking for his lighter and lights his cigarette.

Scratching at his head, Jungkook proceeds down the path and onto the main walkway. Getting to school early didn't sound too bad in Jungkook's mind. Anything to get him out the house and occupy his mind from that awful nightmare.

"You'll never be able to forget me, Jungkook. Never."

The words sent shivers down Jungkook's spine as he inhales deeply, attempting to relax his tensed muscles. He held in the smoke, basking in that fraction of a second where all is bliss and then gently releases.