Chapter 21

Taehyung was busy cleaning up the shack as the door chimes to let him know a customer has entered. The young red haired boy greets the family with a bright smile, hoping to not scare them off.

"Hello," he politely spoke, bowing at the parents while their children venture into the shop more to pick out a few things. The adults smile happily, obviously outsiders from the town's usual residents. That was good in Taehyung's case since it meant they wouldn't be aware of the curse that had been branded on him like a birthmark.

He helps the family pick out a few items, ringing them up before handing them over. The two children giggle excitedly, reminding Taehyung about his little brother. The corners of his lips turn upwards as he gives the kids their sand buckets which they took with wide smiles. The parents bid him a goodbye, making the young scarlet haired boy feel a tinge of warmth in his chest.

Mr Yeun observes the boy from behind. He saw how happy and full of life the younger was for serving someone who didn't look at him with upright disgust. It made the elder man grin with delight before he replaces it with a grumpy expression and moves forward to take a stand beside the teenage boy.

Taehyung glances to his side, noticing the elder as he bows to him. "I see your starting to get the hang of things now." Mr Yeun mumbles, not wanting to show the younger that he's relieved and even a little proud of him. Taehyung nods, grinning from ear to ear as he hears the door go once more.

He peers over at the entrance and feels his orbs expand in surprise. "Jimin?" He calls out, causing the pink headed shortie to glance up at the call of his name. Jimin blinks a few times before registering that it was Taehyung. Immediately, a wide smile takes over his lips. "Taehyung!" He speed-walks over to the counter where the taller stood, staring up at him with a glints of cheerfulness swirling around in his almost black orbs. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Taehyung questions, wondering why Jimin might be in the shack on a Thursday afternoon.

"Oh. I was on my way to the town hall but I decided to take a detour to see how you're doing." Jimin announces, causing Taehyung's cheeks to flare up. The younger was overwhelmed by Jimin's honestly. He attempts to avoid eye contact with him and instead looks down at his feet. "Oh. Thank you Jimin." Taehyung squeaks, making the ends of Jimin's lips curve into a beaming smile.

"Anyway, I see you're coping just fine so I'm gonna go but I'll see you tomorrow at school?" Jimin asks to which Taehyung nods swiftly, his own boxy smile beginning to form.

The second Jimin steps out of the shack, he places a hand to his chest and exhales deeply. Being around Taehyung made the elder nervous and his heart wouldn't stop hammering. He notices that he felt a little warm and decided to blame it on the beating sun above. Jimin glances down at his wristwatch, panicking when he realises he'll be late if he doesn't head for the town hall right this instant.

His feet patters heavily against the sand as he rushes back towards his car. Not caring that his shoes were now filled with sand and were slightly irritating his feet, he starts up his car and drives over to the heart of town.

Once he reaches the town square, he quickly attempts to find a parking space but realises that most of the spots were full. "Urghhh! What the heck?!" He barks aloud to no one in particular as he drives out of the carpark and across the road to park the car.

Eventually, he finds a spot but he knows his parents will be mad at him for taking so long. Rushing with a stack load of papers in his grasp, Jimin almost trips a few times as he heads towards the doors. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" He repetitively mumbles under his breath, accidentally throwing open the doors with a thud.

Few people were standing around for different reasons, yet their gazes turn towards the small pink haired boy the second he enters. His cheeks were the colour scarlet as he shuffles quietly towards the main reception bit where a familiar face sat.