Chapter 14

Jungkook was incredibly bored as both himself and Namjoon sat in a park, avoiding classes. The older was busy spray painting dirty words onto a bricked wall while the light brunette sat with his back leaning against it, smoking.

"So are you gonna explain why you stood up for that fag?" Namjoon chuckles, sliding down beside Jungkook. The junior just shrugs, not wanting to discuss anymore but Namjoon seemed like he wanted to continue. "You know..." he trails off, taking out a cigarette of his own before lighting it up. "I saw them two the other day." Jungkook furrows his brows, 'who is he talking about?'

"Who?"

Namjoon had a rather smug look on his face when answering, "the fag and that popular guy, Jimin. You know the pair we saw down at the beach a few days ago?" Jungkook quickly found interest in the conversation for once. He wondered why the pair would've been together but remembered that Jimin said 'they're friends now.'

"I seriously think they're dating," Namjoon snickers into his hands. "We should do something about it though." Jungkook raises a brow, "why?" It wasn't like they were hurting anyone if they were dating. But he couldn't help but feel a little disappointment at the idea of the pair being a couple.

"It's weird." Namjoon mumbles, shuddering slightly at the thought of two boys being in a relationship. Jungkook shrugs, "I don't think it's weird." He drops his cigarette on the ground before getting up. "Anyway, I'm bored so I'm gonna head home first." He mutters, wanting to get far away from the senior as soon as possible.

Jungkook trudges down the walkway, a bored expression playing on his lips. He knew that he didn't want to go home just yet so here he was, standing on the sandy beach. He had half expected to see the cute red head or even the pink haired weirdo.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
But nope, nothing. Not a soul was in sight.

Jungkook sighs, taking a seat on the sand. He didn't care that his ass would be covered in it once he stands. He leans against his knees, his chest pressed into his thighs as he stares out at the sea.

"Jungkook?" The caramel brunette whirls his head round to see Taehyung standing there. "What're you doing here?" He questions, watching the older closely. Jungkook purses his lips, giving a short shrug. "Just sitting," he murmurs, not entirely sure how to answer correctly.

Taehyung nods, taking a seat beside him. The pair sat in silence, their gazes fixated outwards at the sea. "So...why are you here?" Jungkook finally asks, his voice quieter than usual.

Taehyung shuffles a little, crossing his legs over so that he was now sitting in a basket. "Just out for a walk..." he mutters, though reality was that he was really looking around town again for a job. Taehyung was beginning to contemplate over whether he should try searching for work in the next town over but knew he wouldn't have enough time if it was straight after school.

The red head's eyes glide across the scenery, his brown orbs landing on a small shack just off to the side of the beach. Instantly, his eyes widen. A sudden realisation hits him like a ton of bricks. His lips curve into a deep smile as he jumps to his feet, scaring Jungkook slightly. "Jesus! What the fuck are you doing?!?" The elder yells out, pressing a hand into his chest next to where his heart is. Taehyung was too excited to answer Jungkook as he dashes off towards the wooden shack.

Jungkook watches the younger with wandering eyes, staring at the red headed junior as he makes his way over. Curiosity takes over the brunette's body as he slowly gets up from sitting, brushing his bottom with his hands to get rid of any excel sand.

He followed behind while Taehyung knocks on the door of the shack due to it currently being closed for the day. A few moments later, an old man appears. "Yes?" He questions, staring at the younger with a questionable look. "Uhh, hello sir." Taehyung bows, showing the elder some form of respect. "I was wondering if you're looking to hire?" He was hesitant at asking but knew it was worth the shot.

Jungkook was taken back, he already thought the younger had a job at the ice cream van. 'Why on earth is he asking for more work? He's still just a high school student?'

The man gawked at Taehyung for a few minutes, debating over whether he should or should not employee the child. "Tell me, do you have any experience with rental work?" He questions the young boy. Taehyung bites his lip. He knew that most people enjoyed renting boats, bikes and such from this little shack often but wasn't that trained in the line of business. "No, I'm sorry...but I'm a fast learner!" He pips in, showing a polite smile. The older gentleman purses his lips, he had heard rumours many times about the young red head.

The man was never one to listen much, finding the whole 'curse' thing ridiculous. "Tell me, your name? It's Kim Taehyung right?" The small boy was hesitant. The man knew of his name. This wasn't good news to the younger, knowing fine well that the rumours that carry around town will have no doubt be the cause as to how the man knew of him.

"Y-yes," he stutters, feeling the lump in his throat once again. The man nods, "alright, you start tomorrow. Don't be late." Taehyung was taken back. 'I'm hired?' Usually, whenever his name was mentioned, the manager or employer would instantly shut down any sign of acceptance.

"Oh. Okay, thanks!" A large grin spreads onto his lips. Jungkook stares at the younger, his chest suddenly tightening at the sight. He glances away from Taehyung, his face somewhat red and flaming. Jungkook clears his throat, confused as to why he feels so funny. 'Maybe I'm coming down with something?' He thought before slowly turning back to see that Taehyung was gone. Jungkook felt a sudden sense of panic rise within him, frantically searching around till he spots the smaller boy.

Taehyung was busy spinning around in circles, his arms spread out while a happy giggle escapes his lips. He was just so happy in that very moment. He couldn't believe he was still going to be able to provide for his family, even if it meant he was helping out a little, it was still enough.

Jungkook's own lips carve into a deep smile, watching the younger with longing eyes. He soon snaps out of it however, an emotionless expression takes over his face once more.

'What the hell is this feeling?'