Chapter 7- Troubled Teens

Sam didn't look up from the small television when Dean stepped into the room, food and beer in hand. He quickly placed the six pack in the mini fridge and handed his brother his root beer and burger.

"Thanks." He said without tearing his eyes away from some sitcom rerun.

Dean sighed and plopped down next to him on the short couch. He tore into his own food after tossing his jacket across the back of the couch.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Faith slip into the room quietly and take a quick look around. He scrunched his eyebrows together in puzzlement. She was such a question to him, but he knew she wasnt trouble. Just troubled, troubled like him. She always had been. Faith was definitely different now, but he felt she still had a huge shield up. He didn't blame her at all for it. Life was shitty and you had to deal somehow.

He went back to his greasy burger and finished it just as Faith came up behind Sam and ruffled his hair.

"Look at you, Sammy. All grown up." She said loudly, making Sam jump in his seat.

Sam jerked his head back, eyes wide as they met hers.

A flurry of emotions ran across the kids face before he recognized her.

"Faith?" He squeaked out.

She grinned cockily. "In the flesh, kiddo."

Sam jumped over the back of the couch and into her arms before she could react. He tightened his arms around her, and Dean saw shock come into her eyes.

Awkwardly she brought a single arm around Sam's shoulders as if she didn't quite know what a hug was.

Sam finally released her and her mask slid back on her face. But, Dean had noticed the brief look of sadness in her eyes again.

"I knew you'd still be here. I told you, Dean." Sam said excitedly. "But, what are you doing here? How'd you know where to find us. I haven't seen you at school."

She shrugged and replied. "I've been around."

Sam smiled at her. "Well, I'm glad you're here."

Faith pulled the chair over that sat by the door. "What are you watching, kid?"

Dean watched his brother settle back down on the couch and earnestly talk to Faith. He couldn't help but to stare at her.

He honestly didn't know what to expect from her. This was Faith Lehane. The sad little girl was still there somewhere just under the surface but there was more to her that intrigued him.

Mind lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice Faith and Sam had stopped talking until her eyes met his over the top of Sam's head.

She smirked cockily again, but it didn't reach her eyes.
Winking at Dean, she turned back to the television.

He sighed and shook his head and looked at the clock.

"Isnt it about your bedtime, Sammy?" Dean said.

Sam groaned. "But, Faith just got here. I wanted to see her more."

"I can come back tomorrow, kid." Faith replied.

"Can she Dean?" Sammy begged, reminding Dean how much of a kid he still was.

He just nodded to his brother. Sam smiled a thousand watt smile before rushing off to the bathroom.

Once the door shut behind him, Dean turned to Faith.

"Don't get his hopes up if you aren't going to show up."