Chapter 17 - Highway to Hell

"Your not coming with us, Faith." Dean said forcefully.

The three of them were standing outside her apartment in the parking lot. Sam was moving things around in the trunk while Dean  and Faith talked.

"Like hell I am. I can help you." She crossed her arms in defiance.

Dean stared at her long and hard. He had noticed that somewhere along the way, she had lost the scared little girl that had always hidden beneath the surface. She had become a force of nature and for some reason that only made him want to protect her.

"No. You'd only be a liability."

"Bullshit. You're pushing me away."

He shook his head. "We aren't family anymore. Whatever happened, happened. But, this is serious. Lives are at steak here. We're in the middle of a war and shits hitting the fan. You don't need to be stuck in this. It's not your fight."

She looked like he had punched her in the gut.

"You've never been more wrong. I can make a difference and you know it. I was given this strength for a reason."

"Not for this. This is heaven and hell. Way out of vampire league."

Sam slammed the trunk and walked around the car, leaning against the passenger door.

"Dean, we're ready." Sam said.

Dean looked at his brother and back to Faith.

"I'm sorry, Faith. We'll call you if we make it through this."

Dean got into the car and Sam followed, climbing into the passenger seat. Faith walked up and leaned into Dean's window.

"Sam, tell him. I can do this." She pleaded.

Sam's forehead scrunched together but he didn't say anything.

"My strength could be the difference between life and death here."

"We have to go." Dean spoke firmly without looking at her.

"I just got you both back. I don't give a damn about feelings here. I refuse to go our separate ways again."

Dean sighed. "Let us go."

"No." She climbed onto the hood of the Impala and stared in the windshield at the boys. Determination riddled her eyes.

Dean had to admit, seeing her up on the hood of his baby on her knees definitely stirred something inside him. He felt his resolve cracking.

"Get off my car." He said instead.

"Not until you agree to take me with you."

She leaned down and glared at him. He could see right down her shirt and damn that view. It was like looking right into the eyes of a siren. She was sucking him back in and he couldn't allow that.

"Maybe we should just let her come." Sam said humorously. "You know she won't give up."

"Son of a bitch!" Dean slapped the impalas steering wheel.

She grinned haughtily and damn if that smile wasn't the same one that haunted his every dream since he was seventeen.

"This is a very bad idea." He said to his brother who only smiled at him.

----------------------------------------

Dean glanced up in the rearview mirror and watched Faith's sleeping form. She was curled up in the backseat, her chest rising and falling gently. She was still the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She had filled out a bit over the years. Her curves were more amazing than he remembered. She wore adulthood well.