Chapter 15 - Ripping Off The Bandaid

A couple days later, Dean was sitting in the Impala outside Beth's BBQ and Brews. He had followed Sam here and couldn't figure out why his brother was there.

Sam had been making excuses to leave numerous times the past two days. They had finished the job last night but Sam insisted they wait before leaving town.

What was the point in staying after they had already salted and burned the bones of an old cranky pants who was pissed off at men for no apparent reason. Dean was ready to leave. They had plenty to deal with already, like the apocalypse. Hopefully Sam was just getting laid. His brother definitely needed it. But why was he here of all places?

He looked up at a curtained window on the second floor of the bar and saw Sam's shadow backing up with his arms in the air.

Dean leaned up in his seat as a woman's shadow came angrily up to his brother and started hitting him in the chest.

"Aw, hell Sammy." Dean got out of the Impala and stomped his way around to the back of the building.

Climbing the steps he heard raised voices. Sam was clearly arguing with the woman now. What exactly had his brother gotten himself into?

He hoped she was just a feisty one, but just in case he burst through the door like a bat out of hell.

"What the hell, now!?" The woman yelled from another room.

"Dean?" Sam questioned his brother. "What are you doing?"

"Well I thought I was helping you. You should really learn to turn the GPS on your phone off." Dean replied sarcastically.

Sam groaned. "Seriously? You followed me?"

Dean shrugged and grinned at his brother. "Girlfriend got her panties in a twist already?"

Sam looked at his brother with a defeated expression.

"Dean, look before you freak out..."

"Just rip the bandaid off, Sam. He's a big boy."

Dean heard the sarcasm laced female voice just before he saw her step out of the other room.

His eyes narrowed as his mind seemed to run a marathon and get sucked into a black hole at the same time.

If Dean reacted the way he wanted, they'd both be asleep on the floor. Her face was one he would never forget until he died. He never thought he'd see her again. Hell, he hadn't even mentioned her name since. But here was Sam, practically hiding her.

"Why are you here?" He glared at his brother. She did not deserve a second glance.

"Dean.." Sam trailed off and shrugged his shoulders.

"You knew she was here. Is that why you wanted us to do this job?" Dean tried his hardest to steady his breathing before he snapped.

He had never been so angry and hurt to even see her face for a brief moment. He had to get a grip. She wasn't worth his pain. She made her choice all those years ago.

"No, I didn't. I was just as shocked as you are."

"Bullshit. How could you?" Dean steeled himself against the hurt and only felt anger and betrayal.

"Oh, for god's sake, Dean. Get over yourself. I.." He hated that the sound of her voice stirred something to life in his gut.

Dean turned to glare at her, fury coming off him in waves.

"No," He pointed vehemently at her, emphasizing his point. "You left. You don't get a say in this."

She raised her eyebrows at him and her mouth opened and closed.

"Maybe you should just hear her out, Dean." Sam tried to soothe his brother.

Dean shook his head. "Thirteen years too late, Sam. We're leaving."

He turned to leave and a defeated looking Sam looked at Faith.

"I told you it wasn't a good time." He told her quietly so his brother didn't hear him as he was walking out the door and down the stairs.

"And I told you I wouldn't take no for an answer." She cocked her head to the side quickly and pursed her lips haughtily. "You might want to call that angel friend of yours that you told me about, because it's about to get messy."

Faith strode through her front door with a purpose. Dean was halfway down the stairs when she rushed him.

He turned around angrily and opened his mouth to say something, when she punched him as hard as she could. His eyes flew open in shock as his jaw went slack and swung to the left.

She grinned maniacally, narrowed her eyes and continued to punch him until he fell backwards into the concrete. Then she drove a final, solid punch to his left eye, cleanly knocking him out.

"Faith!" Sam yelled from behind her and pulled her off his brother who looked like he'd been hit by a train.

She slipped easily out of his arms and glared at him.

"Help me get him back upstairs. We'll tie him up in the kitchen." Her eyes dared him to refuse.

Sam's eyes widened and his mouth opened to try to do just that. Once again he had seemed to hurt his brother, but maybe, just maybe he was helping Dean. His brother could finally get some kind of closure and that was something he desperately needed when it came to Faith.