Chapter 16 - Feel The Noise

"Now what?" Sam asked Faith who was leaning against the doorway between her kitchen and living room. He had finished tying Dean to one of Faith's wooden kitchen chairs. He knew that if Dean really wanted out, he could just break the chair. He'd seen him do it before.

"Now we wake him up." She replied and grabbed her phone out of the back pocket of her tight black jeans.

"Are you sure I cant call Cas yet? You've got a hell of an arm. His eye looks swollen shut."

"Don't get all soft on me now, Sammy. He'll be fine. I went easy on him." She tapped a few buttons on her phone and strode over to the kitchen table where she placed it into a dockable speaker.

"You call that going easy on him? I've met demons who don't hit that hard." Sam replied incredulously.

She ignored his question and jokingly said, "He better not get out of those ropes or you'll be next."

He shook his head and backed away from his brother. He didn't want to face Dean's wrath just yet. The ball was in Faith's court now.

Faith tapped her phone one last time and Quiet Riot's Cum On Feel The Noise blasted out of the speaker louder than life.

Dean started to come to and lifted his head. He groaned and said raspily, "Really?"

Faith smiles and squats down in front of Dean. "Ironic isn't it?"

He groans again and rolls his neck until it cracks. "Funny, I don't remember you being so strong."

She nods to Sam who turns the music off.

"Funny how much people can change in thirteen years. "

Dean sighs. "Can we make this quick? I've got somewhere I need to be."

"I'm in no hurry."

Faith stands up and leans against the counter. He stares blankly up at her.

"Apparently Sam didn't tell you we kind of have an apocalypse to stop."

"Oh, he told me a lot of things. Been there, done that."

"What would you know about saving the world?"

"You'd be surprised."

"Try me."

She crossed her ankles and lifted the left side of her mouth in a slightly sardonic manner.

"Turns out I was chosen. Just not the only one. Killed alot of people along the way, too."

"Oh, yeah? Sounds familiar."

She laughed. "Sam and I talked about alot of things. Turns out we all have been through some equally crazy shit."

"Tell me something, Faith. Do you always bore your victims to death or am I just special?" He grinned cockily at her.

"You were always special, Dean. But, you knew that."

"Oh, come on! Do you hear how full of shit you are?" Dean yells at her.

She pursed her lips and glared at him.

"You left! You made that choice, Faith! I don't owe you a damn thing."

"I only left because it was the right thing to do! You dont know what I went through and don't pretend you do! You would have done the same god damn thing if it were you."

Dean guffawed loudly. "Yeah. I would have lied to my family to do the 'right thing'."

Sam speaks up, "Actually, you have..."

"Shut up, Sam. This is your fault. You let this happen. You brought her back from the dead."

"Jeez, would you listen to yourself? Always blaming everyone else. I was never dead. I've always been right here." She leaned forward and poked him roughly in the chest. "You put up so many walls and pushed everyone away. Gwendolyn was right about that. You are a hunter through and through. You would have left me if I didn't leave you first."

"I don't know who Gwendolyn is but you don't know anything." He spat at her.

"No. Your right. That was the biggest mistake of my life, leaving you two. But, if I stayed we never would have lasted."

Dean shook his head vehemently. "Sam, you need to leave."

Sam looked back and forth between the two of them whose volatile eyes were locked on each other. He didnt say a word just walked out of the room.

"Untie me, Faith." Dean spoke with determination.

"Ha!" She laughed in his face. "As if, pretty boy."

"I won't leave. You have my word." He closed his eyes and sighed.

"How do I know your not just lying?"

"You always said I was a terrible liar, so you tell me." He pleaded with her.

She gazed into his eyes and must have decided he was telling the truth because she walked behind him and untied his hands. With a long sigh she opened a cabinet and grabbed a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.

He got to work untying his ankles and stood up while she poured them both a drink.

Dean took a glass from her and chugged it empty.

"Thanks."

She just nodded at him and poured him another.

They were quiet as they drank.

Finally, Faith spoke up. "Sorry I attacked you. But I couldn't let you leave without hearing me out."

He cleared his throat. "I get it."

"I really thought I was doing the right thing. You need to know that."

He nodded.

"Where did you go?"

"California. For a while. I learned a lot about myself and realized I was fucked up in the head. I did a lot of terrible things. But, I'd like to think I made up for some of it."

"What made you end up here?"

She took a heavy breath. "You."

His eyes widened. "What?"

She looked away and stared out the window. "I retired so to speak and didn't have anywhere to go. So I came to Kansas because it's where you were from."

He sat down heavily in the chair.

"I...uh.." He stuttered.

They heard the front door open and close.

"Dean." A perplexed Sam walked into the kitchen and glanced between the two of them. "I hate to break this up, but we have company."

"Howdy, Squirrel." Crowley stepped into the small kitchen wearing his impossible smile. "Ma'am. I dont believe we've met. I'm Crowley. King of the Crossroads."