Chapter 9 - Danger

Something was up. Dean couldn't quite figure it out, but he knew something was off. He had the feeling ever since they had left for school that morning. It was a Friday and dad had called and said he'd be back sometime later that night.

Sam had been excited to have something to look forward to. Dean was just hoping it would be time to leave Boston. They still hadn't seen Faith and it was weighing heavy on his mind. He didn't let it show though, because he knew it would only upset Sam more.

He had originally thought his day felt off when he saw the man across the street standing outside the liquor store. He had been dressed seemingly normal, faded Levi's and a black tshirt, work style boots and a ballcap. But what had bothered Dean was the way he seemed to watch them leave for school. He couldn't be totally sure though the way the man hadn't moved from his spot at all, not even to turn his head. So, he shrugged it off as an old drunk waiting for the store to open to get his next fix.

It wasn't even when the school day seemed to drag on uneventfully. Or even when out of the blue some guy had asked him in the hallway outside English class if he had seen Faith lately. Sure, he wanted to punch the guy just for asking, but he didn't and just walked away from him. Dad would have been proud, he thought sarcastically.

When school let out and him and Sam had stopped at a grocery store on the walk home, they grabbed some microwave dinners and a bag of chips for later. As they were leaving, Dean saw the same man from the liquor store. This time he seemed to be staring at a display of flowers by the door. Dean knew the guy wasnt really interested in those flowers. Something was wrong here.

He had rushed Sam back to the room and locked the door. He checked out the blinds numerous times and sure enough, after a while he saw the man again, back at the liquor store. He was back to not moving.

After Sam ate his dinner, Dean looked again and the man was gone. He was too amped up to eat, and that's when Sam started to notice something was wrong.

"You've been staring out the window every ten minutes since we got back from school. What is it?" His brother asked. Sometimes the kid was too smart for his own good.

"Not sure. Just watch TV or something Sammy." He replied curtly.

Sam shook his head. "I can't now. I know something is wrong." He got off the couch and walked to his bed. Dean watched him pull his silver knife out from under his pillow. "Am I going to need this?"

Dean couldn't help but smirk at his brothers sarcastic tone. "Maybe."

"You already have your gun, don't you?" Sam raises his eyebrows up at Dean.

Dean's smirk only got bigger. Before he could pull the fully loaded handgun from the back of his waistband, there was a furious pounding on the door.

Sam's scared eyes immediately met Dean's whose instantly hardened.

"Let me in, guys! Please!" Yelled a feminine voice they knew all too well.

"It's Faith!" Sam bolted for the door, only to be grabbed by his collar and pulled back roughly.

"Wait. Let me." Dean said after he corralled his brother down on the couch.

"I know your home! Hurry up!" She yelled again.

"Faith?" Dean said, while taking a quick look out the peephole in the door. It was her, and she seemed to be alone. No sign of the guy from across the street.

"No, it's the boogeyman! Just let me in!" Dean hears the fear under her forced sarcasm, and opens the door enough for her to squeeze inside.

Before he can react, she slams the door and locks it quickly.