Chapter 19 - Lisa

"I hear congratulations are in order. You got all four rings." Faith walked in his bedroom holding a bottle of bourbon and two glasses. "I knew you could... oh. I'm sorry."

Dean stood next to his bed in nothing but a towel. He had just gotten out of the shower and was ready to collapse in bed.

Water still dripped from his hair down his chest.

"Yeah. Just give me a minute."

She stared at him but didn't move. Dean watched her bite the corner of her bottom lip subtly and her eyes moved down his body.

He cleared his throat and grinned. "Faith."

He couldn't help that he liked that she was still attracted to him after all these years. It made him wonder.. no, he couldn't go there right now.

She shook her head as if breaking herself from a trance. "Sorry, it's been a while."

He laughed heartily as she stepped out of the room.

Dean dressed quickly, still thinking about her gaze. Then he walked over to the door and leaned against the frame. He spotted her across the hall a few feet away.

She looked up and grinned cockily and shrugged.

"Do you blame me? I mean, have you seen yourself lately?" She raised her eyebrows at him and grinned cockily.

There she was. The Faith he knew and.... Nope. Just nope.

His smile fell from his face and he took the bottle from her.

"Did I say something?" She asked as she followed him back into his room.

"No. Your fine." Yes, she was.

What the hell was wrong with him? Sure, if she was anyone else... But, this was Faith. He didn't exactly know how to act around her. She still hurt him. She might as well have ripped his heart out of his chest and ate it right in front of him. But dammit, when he looked at her he never wanted her to leave again. The things he would do to make her stay scared him.

He couldn't lie. The chemistry was definitely still there. But, they had been kids before. He didn't remember the searing heat whenever he was around her. That was new and he didn't know how to handle it.

"So, what now?" She plopped down on his bed. Bad idea.

"What?" He asked, trying not to notice the way her breasts still bounced slightly inside her tank top.

She raised her eyebrows at him.

"You got all the rings from the four horsemen. So, what do we do now?"

"That. Yeah. Now we gank some demons so Sammy can drink em." He ran a hand across his face.

"What?" Faith looked at him stunned.

"I don't like it, believe me. It's the last thing I want to do. But, it's the only way. Death was right."

She stood up and pushed him.

His eyes opened wide. "What the hell?"

"I can't believe you! You're just giving up!"

He grabbed her arms to stop her from hitting him again.

"No. I'm not. I wish there was another way, I do. But, there's not."

Her face fell. "I thought you'd find a way."

"I thought I would too. But, hopefully once Lucifer is locked back up we can find a way to pull Sammy out. For now, we gotta focus on getting Lucifer to take the bait."

She let her hands fall to her sides.

Dean poured them both a drink. She took hers gratefully. She sat back down on his bed and sighed.

"So, I know it's not really my place. But, who's Lisa?"

He turned to stare open mouthed at her. How in the world did she know about Lisa? This could be very bad.

"Who told you about Lisa?"

"No one. I just overheard Sam talking to Bobby. Something about they probably wouldn't hear about Lisa now that I'm back."

He ran a hand over his still damp hair. "I, uh. Lisa's my ex. She has this son, named Ben. She says he's not mine but sometimes I wonder if she's lying to protect him. She knows a little bit about my life. Just a while ago, I went to see her and told her things were bad. And..."

"You don't have to tell me everything, Dean. I get it. They made you happy. You still care about them."

"I do." He nodded and drained his glass.

She smiled up at him. "I can understand why me being around would be confusing. I was the big childhood love who broke your heart and she's the grown up love who healed you."

Dean breathily laughed. "I'm not healed. Obviously I'm still broken."

He met her eyes and returned her smile.

"Aren't we all."

She stood up, handed him the bottle and kissed his cheek.

"Sounds like you need this more than me."

Then she walked out of his room.

He put the bourbon bottle to his lips and swallowed heartily.

"Ain't that the damn truth." He said to himself.