Chapter 12 - One Perfect Week Later

Dean had to admit, things couldn't get any better. He told Faith the truth last night. Told her about the monsters, and the ghosts. About all the things that go bump in the night...

She had taken it well, laying in his arms on the porch, talking late into the night. They even made out pretty hardcore before going back inside to sleep separately. That was his dad's rule. At their age, he said he couldn't stop them from doing whatever they were going to do but, inside the room they were not to do anything more than hold hands.

It was the first normal rule his dad had given him and he definitely respected it.

Until that morning when he woke up and Faith was gone. He looked all over thier room and couldn't find her anywhere. This was strange. Every morning he woke up, she was the first thing he saw.

Dean threw his clothes on and he stepped outside. His dad was messing around under the hood of the impala, trying to teach Sam something, but even Dean knew that Sam wasnt interested in cars.

"Where's Faith?" He asked them.

Sam shrugged, his eyes never turning away from thier dad. "Don't know. She left about thirty minutes ago saying something about a phone call."

Dean's forehead wrinkled. Why hadn't she just used the room phone?

John wiped his hands on a rag and turned to face Dean. "I'm glad you're up, Dean. I have some news. Bobby has agreed to take you boys in."

Sam's face lit up. "That's awesome dad!"

John nodded and looked to a half smiling Dean. He watched as his words slowly registered. The smile left his son's face.

"Wait, us, boys. What about Faith? I'm not going anywhere without her."

"I know, son. Bobby just doesn't have the room for her and as much praise as I gave her for turning her life around, he's not wanting her on his property. I've contacted some resources there on her behalf. They have a home for young girls like her in the district. So you'll be in the same school."

Dean shook his head. Faith wasn't going to like this. Hell, he didn't like it. He took a deep breath. He'd come up with something better.

Even Sam seemed disappointed. The three of them would put thier heads together and figure something else out. He knew it.

But, hours later, when Faith finally came back with no explanation for where she'd been, the three of them did just that.

John had told them that he had spent enough time trying to figure this out for them, and he needed to get back out there. Saving people from angry ghosts and monsters was an every day job. You didnt take vacations or people could die. Dean understood.

Since John needed to get back on the road, he was sending the three of them on a greyhound bus across the country to Bobby. There was one long layover that lasted a few hours, John was leaving Dean in charge of the three of them and the money for food. He had given them a strict schedule and budget.

Once they arrived Bobby was to take them all home and get Faith settled at her new place in town.

But, none of them liked the idea of Faith being separated from them. Even Sam said she couldn't go anywhere because she was family. Faith had even teared up when he said that and hugged him harder than ever.

Dean knew something was up with her. He just couldn't figure it out. Maybe she was nervous about leaving the only town she had ever lived in. He needed to figure it out.

"I cant go to another group home. The other girls there are awful. I mean, I can definitely handle them with no problem, I just don't want to mess with it. Even when I defend myself I get in trouble."

Dean knew that a month ago her answer would have been totally different. More along the lines of 'I don't care, it's five by five. I can take care of myself.' He was glad he had helped bring the brightness out of her. She had started to see the good in things and people and if he was being honest, so was he. The world was a little bit brighter with her in it.

"Okay," Dean flattened the greyhound tickets out next to thier wrinkly map. "This stop here is the second to last with a 25 minute wait for bathrooms and food. It's only 30 minutes left to Bobby after that. What if you miss that bus and catch the next one. We can tell Bobby you decided not to come and we'll sneak you in later. He's got plenty of space in the junkyard. We can find you somewhere to crash. It's not too long until I'm eighteen and we can get jobs and get our own place."

Sam and Faith stared at him.

"What?" He said when they didnt respond.

"Bobby's too smart to think she stayed behind. It won't work." Sam said quietly.

"It has to work. Can you think of anything else?" Dean determinedly replied.

He looked desperately to Faith,who only shrugged.

"So, we go with my plan, then." Dean said, decided.

She reached for his hand across the table. He grabbed her hand and gripped it tightly.

"We're going to figure this out." Dean said to her.

"I know. It'll work out as long as we're together." She told him with a sad smile on her face.

He nodded at her and Sam.

"Dad said the bus leaves tomorrow at noon." Sam said.

"Right. We should all get some sleep."

An hour later, Faith pulled Dean outside in the cold night air. After a long, hard kiss she looked at him.

"I'm going to say a few goodbyes tomorrow morning before we go. I didn't want you to panic when I'm gone in the morning. But I'll meet you guys at the station." She said quietly.

He nodded. "Is it hard leaving everything you know?"

She seemed to think about his question for a long time, before nodding. "Kind of, but I know it's the right thing to do."

"I forgot what that feels like." He said.

"What?"

"Leaving home. I haven't had one since I was five or so."

"I forgot about that. It was when your mom died, right?" She asked, her voice sounding like the sweetest thing in the world.

"Yeah, it's why we've been on the move pretty much since Sammy was in diapers still."

"I'm so sorry, Dean. But, you won't hurt anymore. Neither will Sammy. We'll take care of each other and be each others home." She smiled sadly in the dark again.

"Your right. I gotta have Faith, right?" He joked, trying to lighten the mood.

She groaned but her eyes lit up. "I wish you would quit that."

"Never."

Without another word, she kissed him again and led him back inside.

John's snores were loud on the other side of the room. Dean made sure the locks were all tight and started towards his bed when Faith's hand grabbed his again.

She pulled him to the couch where she curled up in his arms and fell asleep instantly. For only a second did he think about moving back to his own bed with Sam, but to hell with dad's rule for one night.

He lay there listening to the soft sound of her breathing, drinking in the scent of her skin, knowing somehow that something had changed with her in the last day. She seemed to have gotten sadder again. He wanted more than anything to take her sadness away and show her how strong she really was. All he needed was for her to let him, because if he had his way he'd spend the rest of his life doing just that.

Dean Winchester knew that without a doubt he loved Faith Lehane and he would never love anyone else the same way.

------------------------------------

I got a burst of inspiration tonight after doing dishes and listening to my Dean's Faves playlist on Spotify. Who knew that's all it took...?

But, I figured I owed ya'll a double episode in honor of the holiday weekend and since I've been neglectful. Keep voting and reading. I appreciate everyone of you.

Thanks for being patient!