Chapter 11 - Made For Me

The early afternoon sunlight streamed through the trees as Dean stared after Faith, who was currently spinning in circles happily in the tall grass. He had never seen her so happy. The smile on her face did strange things to his insides.

The last couple of days had been some of the best of his life that he could remember. Faith hadn't left and neither had his Dad. It really was like having a family again. No bad guys had come around and Dad hadn't had to work on a case. It was so unreal.

Dad had spoken to the people at the group home and somehow convinced them that Faith would be staying with us for a while. Sam and Faith had been shocked, but Dean knew Dad would come around. He had to do something.

Dean and Faith had been spending a lot of time alone, since Dad had insisted on spending time with Sam. He said he was making up for lost time and since he was hoping to have a permanent solution for them soon, they would probably be seeing less of him.

Faith had explained to him about where she had been when she had disappeared. Apparently some woman had come and told her some bogus story about her being the chosen one. A slayer of some kind. Faith said she wanted to believe the woman but after a few days realized she was crazy and talking about monsters, so she had hidden from the woman in an abandoned house.

The whole story seemed a little crazy to Dean but he still asked his dad about it after Faith had fallen asleep on the couch. John hadn't fully believed Faith's story either, but said he'd ask around.

If it turned out to be true, what did that mean exactly?

Dean had a feeling since they were little that Faith would be the only person in the world to believe the truth of the dark things they hunted and protected people from. Every day he grew closer and closer to telling her the truth.

So, Faith's crazy woman could be real and her craziness would be Dean's reality. What were the odds that Faith could be some chosen one to protect people from monsters and ghosts too?

He didn't want to worry about that right now. He just wanted to watch Faith spin in her new dress in this pretty meadow. Her hair flying out around her, and the sun glinting off her suntanned skin made Dean want to grab her hand and roll her around in the long grass.

He bit back a smile himself as she stopped spinning and looked at him from under her lashes. God, she was so sexy.

Breathless, she plopped down next to him in the sweet smelling grass. Before he could say anything, her lips met his and he tasted her chapstick. His eyes closed in bliss as her hands eagerly reached for his shirt.

Dean's shirt went flying through the air and before it hit the ground they were working furiously on her dress.

"Dean..." Her breath still minty from using his toothpaste that morning.

"Yeah..?" To his surprise, he was just as breathless as she was.

"Are we dreaming?"

He leaned up on his elbows as she straddled his waist with her smooth legs. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her black bra and tiny pink cotton panties were what his dreams were made of, that's for sure. He had another part of his body that thought so too.

"If we are, it's the best fucking dream I've ever had." He replied cockily.

She punched his shoulder. "You know what I mean."

Her hands stopped moving frantically, and she felt her tiny hands butterfly up his bare chest and come to a rest on his shoulders.

He sighed but grinned at her.

"Yeah, it's crazy, Faith. But, things are just working out for us."

"So, you really think it'll happen? We'll never have to be apart again, right?"

Dean sat up and wrapped his arms around her. He knew where this was going. No matter how great things got, Faith would still have that quiet, scared little girl in her. If it was the last thing he did on earth, he would make her leave that scared part of her behind. She would never be scared again. He was going to take care of her from now on. She was family.

"Never. It's finally our turn to be happy, Faith. Everything is going to be great."

She leaned back and tried to hide the tiny bit of fear that he had noticed never left her eyes. It was like a shivering puppy in the back of her mind.

"Life isnt perfect, Dean. It can't ever be perfect."

"No, but we're gonna make it as perfect as fucking possible for us, you hear me?"

The corner of her mouth quirked upwards as she nodded.

"Come on, say it."

She rolled her eyes and burst out laughing and said, "As perfect as fucking possible."

Dean smiled his heart stopping grin at her and grabbed her by the waist, flipping her over so he was on top of her in the grass now. She squealed and he swore it made his heart skip a beat.

"Now, do you really want to keep talking, or can we finish what we started here?"

Faith grinned coyly up at him again. "I don't know, Winchester, what do I get out of it?"

And there she was again, that cocky badass of a girl that made his insides burn and ache every time she said something. He loved it when she did that. She was so perfect.

"I swear you were made for me, Faith Lehane." He groaned.

She rolled her eyes at him and replied, "Of course I was, now claim your territory again, Winchester."

He groaned again, and did just that right there in the sweet smelling grasses for the second time that week.