Chapter 22 - Heat

Before they knew it they were back in Kansas. Dean parked the car and instantly reached for Faith's bottle of whiskey.

"Hey! Slow down there." Faith said and turned in her seat.

Dean chugged from the bottle. She watched his adam's apple bob in his throat.

"Thanks. I needed that." He replied.

Faith saw the dark look on his face before he got out of the Impala. She knew his nerves were still frayed at the edges.

She got out of the car and saw him walk a few steps into the patchy grass. He took another deep drink from the whiskey bottle.

She walked carefully around the car and came up behind him.

"You gonna share that?" She asked sarcastically.

She already had a pretty decent buzz and knew he needed it more than her but she did want him to have a clearish mind when he talked to Sam. This was a serious matter.

He didn't turn around but handed the bottle back to her. It was so dark outside the Cemetery that she only saw the outline of his outstretched arm and the neck of the bottle.

She almost missed the bottle itself and her fingers wrapped around his hand instead.

Dean tightened his grip on the bottle when he felt her warm touch. His breath plumed out before him in the chilly night air.

Neither of them moved. Tension filled the air.

He turned towards her and she saw the darkness in his face. She kept her expression as blank as possible.

They stood there in the darkness and stared at each other. Time seemed to stand still.

Finally, Faith broke the spell and grabbed the bottom of the bottle and released his fingers. She drank from it and handed it back to him.

Pain seemed to radiate off him as he chugged the rest of the bottle. Her heart broke for him.

Dean's anguished scream echoed in the still night as he chucked the bottle as far as he could. They heard the glass shatter up the road.

He fell to his knees and hung his head.

Faith swallowed around the lump in her throat. She wanted to go to him and comfort him, but she didn't know how.

"Dean..." She whispered.

His head lifted but he didnt turn to her.

"I just need a minute." He whispered back.

She turned around and walked back to the car. Stumbling on a rock, she caught herself on the driver side door. Then she opened the door and sat in the driver's seat sideways and turned the radio up a little to calm herself. Her head was spinning and she wished Sam was there to make it all better.

Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is played quietly as she felt the tears start to fall from her face. She was so wrapped up in her own emotions, she didn't hear Dean's footsteps walking towards her until he was on his knees before her in the grass. She looked up as his tortured gaze found hers.

Dean reached up with his left arm to wipe the tears off her face. Her breath caught as the dam broke and tears streamed from his own face. She sniffed loudly and he licked his bottom lip quickly.

In the blink of an eye, he had reached into the car and grabbed her around the waist, picked her up and had her on her feet. Her eyes widened in surprise.

She staggered slightly as she stood. But, he pulled her tightly against him.

They gazed into each other's eyes as the heat intensified.

Dean's eyes flashed to her lips for a split second before his crashed into hers roughly. He kissed her so hard, it was like he was trying to suck the life out of her.

But, she welcomed the heat. Fed from it to heal her own heart. His hands reached down and gripped her ass roughly, making a little moan escape from between her lips.

The sound made Dean stop kissing her. He stared at her for a moment before slamming forward the front seat and pushing himself down on top of her in the back seat.

Thier lips found each others again in a frenzied passion. At the same time they reached for each other's shirts and tore them free. Skin against skin, they couldn't keep thier hands to themselves.

Dean sat up and reached behind himself to shut the car door before he got to work unbuckling her jeans. She slipped easily out of them and returned the favor.

His hooded eyes drank in the sight of her pale skin. Faith bit her lip hard and slid her hands up his hard muscled torso, making him groan gutterally.

The sound only turned her on more. She reached up and pushed him down, climbing on top of him.

Thier breathing turned animalistic as they tore at each other. Needing to feel anything but pain or sorrow they clung to each other in a sweaty, hedonistic fury.

Dean and Faith abandoned all feelings but the pure instincts they felt when they touched each other.

-----------------------------------

When it was all over, Dean watched Faith's naked sleeping form on top of him. The way her hair fell haphazardly across his bare chest stirred him. He stared at her peaceful face in the morning light. She was beautiful and amazing.

That was why, he decided right then and there, that she couldn't be in this fight. He'd never felt more protective over her in his life. He'd already probably lost Sammy. He couldn't lose her, too.

Her sarcastic attitude would only get her killed. He loved her for it but it would only cause more trouble.