Chapter 1

A/N okay, this is my first Adam fanfic. Please don't judge it. I work really hard on my stories. I hope you like it.

~~~~~~~

Los Angeles, California

Friday, 5pm

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, letting out an exasperated breath.

I'm Cassandra Marie West, but most people call me Cassie. I prefer people to call me that, because let's face it: Cassandra is too long.

I'm 29, and my appearance isn't that special. My hair is long and blonde, with subtle highlights of red, and my eyes are blue. According to my best friend, Manny, who is, yes, a guy, my eyes sparkle like the ocean.

He's very poetic.

I don't find myself particularly beautiful. But I'm not worried about that.

Right now, I'm worried about getting to work on time.

I finish up dressing myself, and pin my nameplate on.

I work in a hotel, which surprises many people when I tell them. What is a girl like you doing working in a hotel?

Always my answer: my dad.

Well, my dad's best friend. They agreed to let me work there. And I was in need of a job. My dad's best friend, Dan, owns it.

I grab my bag and make my way out to my car. I turn on the radio, and take off.

~~~~

I arrive to work twenty minutes later, parking in the back parking lot.

I get out, locking up my car, and walk inside.

"Wow, you're actually on time, Cassie."

Dan says, as soon as I reach the front lobby.

I laugh, "It was quite a feat to accomplish."

I stand next to him at the front desk.

"So where do you want me today?"

"You can run the desk until 6, but then you're on towel duty."

I roll my eyes. "Seriously?"

Dan laughs. "Yes. We have important guests checking in at 6:30."

"Who?"

Dan flicks my nose. "Now that, is none of your business."

I glare at him.

~~~

6:30pm

"Okay, Dan. It's all yours." I say walking into the towel room. I fold a few before Dan yells that clean towels are needed in the pool area.

I roll my eyes discreetly, and grab a pile, and walk out of the room, trying to see over the tower of towels.

I'm making good progress when I collide suddenly with someone.

The towels fly out of my hands, and I curse, kneeling down to pick them up quickly, so I could take them back, and get more clean ones.

"Here, let me help." A voice says, bending down and grabbing ahold of a towel.

"Oh no, it's fine..it was my fault." I stuttered.

"I wasn't watching where I was going." The man replied.

For the first time since we collided, I looked at him. And I almost threw up.

It was Adam Levine, the frontman of Maroon 5.

I didn't say anything, when he spoke again.

"Are you alright?" He asked sincerely, grabbing some more towels, and helping me up.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine.." I managed a smile.

I could feel Adam's eyes looking me over, and I met his eyes.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Cassie." I replied.

"Well, Cassie, I'm sorry again for walking into you."

I smiled. "Really, it's okay. I just have to get back to work--"

"Sorry for keeping you. See you around." He smiled genuinely, handing me the towels he was still holding, our fingers touching longer than usual.

With that, he walked away with the rest of his band.

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding, and walked back to the towel room.

I took a deep breath, grabbing a new set of towels.

Woah, I felt something when his fingers touched mine. But, maybe I was thinking crazy. Adam Levine doesn't like normal girls. Especially ones that work in a hotel.

~~~

A/N so, that was the first chapter. What do you think? Please tell me. Feedback is very important.

As we all know, Adam Levine is now a married man. Sad face. But, I wish him and Behati happiness. He's still a beautiful human despite all of that.

But anyways, vote, comment! xx

-Hannah